Gator Basketball ***Official Basketball Thread - Florida vs Loser State University***

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I want to give Blackshear some love. He obviously has a bad wheel that limits him but does it? Somehow when he gets the ball down low he manages to manipulate his body for position to get off a pretty good shot and he's deadly down there. He is an excellent passer and ferocious rebounder, an opponent won't snatch the ball out of his hands. He can carry the team when he's hitting threes. He hustles and is basketball smart. All that and I doubt if he can jump a foot off the ground. Hat's off to the big guy!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
What happened to that LSU team that played so well against us?
The Gator team that shined Wednesday is not our actual team?? Scottie Lewis excelled. Now is this like Payne, a one-game wonder?
I like best this group, Nembhard, Lewis, and KJ approaching 20 each. Add Blackshear at 12, and Locke at 14. That's 86 ... with our defense, we would cruise, IMO.

I hold in abeyance crediting coach White too much. It would be great if White had instructed our guys to play driving BBall? IDK about Payne? It looks to me like he may be transferring out.? How many snubs by his coach will Payne tolerate? You just don't throw away a 6'10" center. You find a way of making him play himself into the development that he needs & the team needs. Do it again Gators.
Throwing Payne away? Rog, you may be exactly correct; cmw may have snubbed him. But how do you know that you are correct? One of my pet peeves. Seems to me that good player discipline depends on deep understanding of the player, his personality, and what motivates him. Even the best at it lose players occasionally. How much is too much? too little? just right? I just don't see how discipline can be criticized without a vast knowledge of the particulars. You and others have given cmw a lot of criticism for players not learning. How do you know that that isn't because he is too easy on them?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would expect Payne to "be" the player that White recruited.? And go somewhat in that direction with no great complexities.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
What happened to that LSU team that played so well against us?
The Gator team that shined Wednesday is not our actual team?? Scottie Lewis excelled. Now is this like Payne, a one-game wonder?
I like best this group, Nembhard, Lewis, and KJ approaching 20 each. Add Blackshear at 12, and Locke at 14. That's 86 ... with our defense, we would cruise, IMO.

I hold in abeyance crediting coach White too much. It would be great if White had instructed our guys to play driving BBall? IDK about Payne? It looks to me like he may be transferring out.? How many snubs by his coach will Payne tolerate? You just don't throw away a 6'10" center. You find a way of making him play himself into the development that he needs & the team needs. Do it again Gators.

I seriously doubt Payne is going anywhere. He’s being held accountable to playing defense. No coach looks away at defensive lapses like they do offensive lapses. Payne is already an elite shot blocker. Once he gets focused on D he will see his minutes climb. He is a talented player who is going to excel eventually. When he breaks out it will be in a big way I suspect. His issue is not talent....it’s focus.

To leave would be crazy unless he see’s himself as a 4 year player. Why transfer and sit out a year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.