Gator Basketball *** Official Basketball Thread: UF v Arkansas ***

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It looked like 2 blown defensive assignments by Payne in the last minute.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I missed the first half and so it looks like I missed the good Gators team and now I’m just in time for the bad Gators team

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 52-46 at the under 12 timeout. Blackshear with his 4TH OFFENSIVE FOUL

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Jitoboh with a other foul lmao. Then is just horrible that we will stop scoring and lose lol

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 54-50 at the under 8 timeout. Nembhard is going to the line for 2. Defense has been other trash tbis half. People not knowing who to guard, what defense they are in lmao

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jitoboh with a other foul lmao. Then is just horrible that we will stop scoring and lose lol

I know Omar has some blown assignments earlier but he’s still a far better play than Jotoboh

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So hard to watch this team

Loads of potential
No offensive strategy
No defensive discipline
No clue how to take advantage of mismatches

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Nice little run here should put it away. Just win, baby

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 64-52 at the under 4 timeout. Played quick the last stretch and went on an 8-0 run. Also stopped the drive by Arkansas' Jones

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
2 drives and finishes by Scottie in the same game for the first time this year. If he continues to do that it will change our offense immensely.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We're still sitting on a negative assist/turnover ratio. If we don't reverse that by the end of the season, it'll be the first time since before the 2002-03 season, which was as far back as I could look on ESPN. Yikes.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At the Buzzer: Florida 73, Arkansas 59 - Florida Gators

Obviously a HUGE win for our Gators tonight. REALLY CREDIT the coaches and players for taking what the Ark defense was giving us. In the first half we hit 5/12 3s and only 1/4 in the 2nd half. The Ark D was really closing out on shooters in the 2nd half so we used masterful coaching adjustments to take the ball inside and score easily to finish off the game with a comfortable win. KJ, the MVP of the season, was tremendous with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Nemb with 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists. Locke big time yet again with 11 points and 3/4 shooting 3s to continue his hot streak in the entire SEC schedule. Really have to credit those 3 sophomores yet again for great leadership and taking over the game when it got close. Blackshear a tough game saddled with foul trouble as it has been come very obvious that he is a HUGE target for the refs and they specifically target him since his very HOT start to the season with 8 double doubles. Also opposing coaches had adjusted and focused on him so that he doesn't have big nights. ALL 4 fouls on him for total garbage yet again and it will be that way on Saturday AT Rupp as he will probably foul out in less than 10 minutes and probably get called for a foul before the game even starts. All in all, big time win for the Gators as we now sit at 17-9 and 9-4 in the SEC. Go Gators!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have to chuckle when I think about Blackshear being preseason SEC player of the year

I think his awkward foot 'clumsifies' his mobility.?? Somethings got to be done if he's going to play as a pro. The surgery I think was back in 2017. So it would be like a repair on a re-injury.

So hard to watch this team

Loads of potential - left behind with their high school coach.
No offensive strategy - except dribble-beg the opponent to let you have a shot.
No defensive discipline - big slow men come out & leave the backdoor open.
No clue how to take advantage of mismatches
Much less guide them into mismatches to take advantage.

2 drives and finishes by Scottie in the same game for the first time this year. If he continues to do that it will change our offense immensely.

Scottie now projects to be a powerful teammate. His reflexes now seem more educated.
Layups with the correct spin & bank are being executed pretty well by KJ, by Nemby, by Scotty.
Good we won the game with Jitoboh playing so long. That's the first time White's acted as if he understands developing big assets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb