Gator Basketball *** Official Basketball: UF versus Ole Miss ***

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s odd to me for fans of college teams to announce that they bailed on their team as if it were a badge of honor.

I can almost understand people getting to the point that they lose interest in the team. I just don’t understand the need to announce it on the message board geared towards fans of the team.
We still suck and White needs to be fired.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
My view is that our offense stalls, last night it was great at the beginning and then for whatever reason we declined. We also miss some easy shots especially free throws. I do think that our coach is not focused on offense especially inside offense. Perhaps looking at our championship teams would help. That said Billy had some of the same issues at times with his teams so I don't think it is only the coach.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Jimmy Dykes just said and I quote "Against any Kermit Davis half court defense you have to run motion, move and cut"! That is not part of Mike's M O on offense

Yes and then those idiot announcers continued to talk about a snake, themselves, MMA, football, etc. They showed themselves way too much and covered the game way too little. Fire both of them for incompetence, or at least don't cover the Gators.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It’s odd to me for fans of college teams to announce that they bailed on their team as if it were a badge of honor.

I can almost understand people getting to the point that they lose interest in the team. I just don’t understand the need to announce it on the message board geared towards fans of the team.

Great point, I sometimes get to a level of frustration where I stop watching a game, I never lose interest in any Gator activities. Not even those that I find very boring like say baseball and soccer. I still root and follow, not to mention when academics is involved or research.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Yes and then those idiot announcers continued to talk about a snake, themselves, MMA, football, etc. They showed themselves way too much and covered the game way too little. Fire both of them for incompetence, or at least don't cover the Gators.

it was pretty over-the-top with their non-basketball discussions. More like a bad talk show than a basketball game. and the producers even went split-screen showing announcers not talking about basketball on one side and the game on the other, with almost no commentary on the game even when noteworthy plays were made.

on a positive note, the officiating was some of the best I’ve seen in awhile. They blew a couple of things, but in general they went beyond most to get things right.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not a bad bounce back performance. Johnson was fantastic once again.
Nembhard too played well. Though he is prone to at least one WTF
turnover per game. It was good to see us getting points in the paint without
many outside shots going down for us. KBJ and Andrew need to be at their
best on Saturday for us to win.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
it was pretty over-the-top with their non-basketball discussions. More like a bad talk show than a basketball game. and the producers even went split-screen showing announcers not talking about basketball on one side and the game on the other, with almost no commentary on the game even when noteworthy plays were made.

on a positive note, the officiating was some of the best I’ve seen in awhile. They blew a couple of things, but in general they went beyond most to get things right.
It wasn't a very good game for a nonpartisan, The announcers, seeing many good teams this year were frankly bored and thought most of the viewing audience was too. Instead of maintaining professionalism they lowered their bar and "treated" us to a comedy routine. Many sports announcers (Jordan Rodgers-football) are way too full of themselves.

The refs were very good for a change.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Agreed

It was like listening to a Vitale game only not as bad because they at least have some personality unlike Vitale

Vitale will talk over ten minutes of a game about another team or another game which is ten times worse than those guys trying their hands at comedy

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I do think that our coach is not focused on offense especially inside offense.

With Ole Miss missing 2 major players, especially one of the SEC-leading scorers and their floor general, it began as a "pointless" contest in essence. And yes the announcers dumped their uttered disrespect for this particular game that they were well-paid to announce. That odd babbling gutturally must have stemmed from knowing nothing good could come from these two teams.?? So, again where announcers usually spend time questioning why Mike White has failed to get decent play out of his gifted athletes, they instead turn to joking about everything else.
Does that indicate that basketball aficionados (announcers) have given up looking for positives to say about this Gator team & coach? (kinda like we have)?

Coming in the next 3 games White's Gators play really well-coached undefeated Auburn 16-0, then LSU 12-4, then Baylor 14-1. Our Gators will be the hapless underdog in all 3 contests. We got anybody who can step up ... maybe Coach White?? I'll watch with lessening hope. Go Gators!

PS >> No doubt UF can do better with a White replacement. Sorry?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

For what it's worth, I lived through the Don Devoe era. I will NEVER bail on my team no matter how bad Mike White sucks,

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Coming in the next 3 games White's Gators play really well-coached undefeated Auburn 16-0, then LSU 12-4, then Baylor 14-1. Our Gators will be the hapless underdog in all 3 contests. We got anybody who can step up ... maybe Coach White?? I'll watch with lessening hope. Go Gators!
If we can win one of the next three, I'll be surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator