"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winning fixes everything...

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I'd like to see us work on some post scoring tonight.

Get Hayes, Stokes, Johnson some buckets.

Between what White said in press conferences, and the way this team had been shooting, this was an easy prediction.

I plan to watch the game again, but watching in person, here's my thoughts.

The addition of Coach Pinkston is great. These bigs needed some better coaching (especially with footwork) on working in the paint. They are getting better but still have a ways to go.

In the age of the 3 point shot (thanks Steph Curry) I think inlet passes in the paint is becoming a lost art. We weren't that great at it tonight. The word "hesitant" came to mind when watching our 1-3s attempt to feed the bigs, even when LaSalle went zone, we didn't do a good job initially getting the ball to the middle. It seemed to me that our team was hesitant to throw the ball inside, giving the D time to collapse on the open man. It got better as the game went on.

Speaking of hesitant, seems like our guards - especially Allen - aren't as quick to drive the lane or run the fast break as they need to be.

I thought there wasn't much energy in the ODome tonight, and our guys just seemed a little flat. Even in warmups there wasn't much energy there.

The biggest difference in the second half was the effort on Defensive by the Gators. Much more hustle.

MikeO's body language is horrid. I think the pressure of the Freshman is melting him. He took some of the worst outside shots in warmups I've ever seen, and couldn't handle the pressure D to close out the game. I'd guess he'll transfer.

I saw Keith Stone shake off White midway through the second half when looking for a sub. White briefly spoke to the trainer immediately afterwards. Stone was rubbing his left ankle like he may have tweaked it.

A game in the ODome is a great experience, much better in person than watching on TV.

If I could afford it, I'd go to way more games.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The addition of Coach Pinkston is great. These bigs needed some better coaching (especially with footwork) on working in the paint. They are getting better but still have a ways to go.

In the age of the 3 point shot (thanks Steph Curry) I think inlet passes in the paint is becoming a lost art. We weren't that great at it tonight. The word "hesitant" came to mind when watching our 1-3s attempt to feed the bigs, even when LaSalle went zone, we didn't do a good job initially getting the ball to the middle. It seemed to me that our team was hesitant to throw the ball inside, giving the D time to collapse on the open man. It got better as the game went on.

Great observations! I'm impressed with Hayes growth. I'd like to see Stokes get more touches inside. He's a good passer and his body type will allow him to back down most defenders.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A fine relay of solid observations g8tr72. Keep 'em coming.
I've always envied those teams firing rocket passes and handling them deftly. That's difficult to defend.

his body type will allow him to back down most defenders.

... and butt out most defenders, too. He's gonna be a good one.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida won 82-69. Biggest takeaway is the improved inside scoring and focus on not just 3pt shooting. Guards still are not aggressive and Allen and Hudson not playing well at all offensively. Freshman continue to look good. Nembhard probably should have had 15 assists (he better stop wrong hand layups) and Stokes continues to get min and looks to be improving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator