***OFFICIAL COTTON BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Oklahoma***; Houston talks trash

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Time for Trask to show what he can do with all his weapons out making him lose the Heisman that much more of a joke if it happens.
What weapons would you be referring too? Grimes, Pitts or Copeland. All are out and I would be surprised if more don't opt out.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
What weapons would you be referring too? Grimes, Pitts or Copeland. All are out and I would be surprised if more don't opt out.

It does not mean scoring 40+ points but a good coach can manufacture some semblance of an offense. I have seen a lot of teams with a good O-Line and shyt everywhere else have a decent offense and vice versa.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Source: Florida cornerback Marco Wilson is also expected to opt out of the game vs. Oklahoma

... someone hid his cleats.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Allow me to take the "glass half full" perspective.

While we may not like the final score we see Wednesday night, the fact these NFL-bound players (or Foot Locker-bound, in Marco's case) are clearing out and opening valuable playing time for our youngsters is a good thing. They'll get additional practice reps, and more importantly, they'll get live, game reps against a traditional football power.

We'll still score our points, I think. Unless Trask opts out. And sadly, we'll still give up points by the truckload. But some of our youngsters will gain some very valuable practice reps and game experience.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Allow me to take the "glass half full" perspective.

While we may not like the final score we see Wednesday night, the fact these NFL-bound players (or Foot Locker-bound, in Marco's case) are clearing out and opening valuable playing time for our youngsters is a good thing. They'll get additional practice reps, and more importantly, they'll get live, game reps against a traditional football power.

We'll still score our points, I think. Unless Trask opts out. And sadly, we'll still give up points by the truckload. But some of our youngsters will gain some very valuable practice reps and game experience.
I can buy that with the O. Who’s gonna coach up the youngsters on the D?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who’s gonna coach up the youngsters on the D?

I pray your question will be moot because we'll have an entirely different defensive coaching staff within a week or two of OU racing up and down the field on us. Even if not, game reps are invaluable. Game speed and the experience of playing in a big (if empty) stadium in front of live TV cameras cannot be replicated on the practice field.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Honestly I hope the team comes out n beats OU with next years starters and Trask...that’d be magical

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
The covered wagoneers are bound to be over-confident now!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So Copeland has the China Virus. How many more players won't play? Mullen will have the excuse train wide open for him and Fat Slob Todd postgame.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not official but

@Austin_UF: Only opt out I’m happy for.

So unless I’m wrong, the last time we saw him defending a passing play, it was basically not competitive at all as he gave up a TD while being 7 yards away from Smith. And of course, all of this on the back of the cleat situation. I’m fine with him being out, but unfortunately that also says a lot about the character of players McElwain recruited. I don’t care who the opponent is or how badly I may get burned. A competitor absolutely would not go out like that. Even if there was only play left to change that taste, you take it. At least go out fighting, not sulking in your corner.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
So unless I’m wrong, the last time we saw him defending a passing play, it was basically not competitive at all as he gave up a TD while being 7 yards away from Smith. And of course, all of this on the back of the cleat situation. I’m fine with him being out, but unfortunately that also says a lot about the character of players McElwain recruited. I don’t care who the opponent is or how badly I may get burned. A competitor absolutely would not go out like that. Even if there was only play left to change that taste, you take it. At least go out fighting, not sulking in your corner.
Is Marco a legitimate option for an NFL team to draft? I don’t really see why anyone would waste a pick on him at this point, seems like a fairly average corner on a fairly bad defense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I cant fathom him being drafted. Can't even fathom he gets picked up as an FA afterwards. I mean he has absolutely sucked against all competition this year, most of which will never see the nfl.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So unless I’m wrong, the last time we saw him defending a passing play, it was basically not competitive at all as he gave up a TD while being 7 yards away from Smith. And of course, all of this on the back of the cleat situation. I’m fine with him being out, but unfortunately that also says a lot about the character of players McElwain recruited.
Another odd flex by you.

McElwain guys are still leading this team and the Mullinz talent basically doesn't exist, even after he has signed or should have signed 75 of the 85 on the roster.

Not to mention Wilson was allSEC as a freshman and set records for the most pass breakups, under Sharkey and Randy Fuchsing Shannon.

One, maybe it's a bad player. A whole unit? Now you have a DC problem. Who knew it was possible to hire a DC that makes RF Shannon look like a clearly superior option.

All 75 players are a shytshow? Easy to tell who is the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.