*Official Ducks vs. Bucks Championship Game Thread*

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatorfan81;n149887 said:
Congrats Ohio state your coach is a sleeze ball and will bail on you one day when Harbaugh starts competing and beating him on a regular basis. He goes to places where he doesn't have to compete on a regular basis but as soon as the competition catches up he leaves to be with his family. So posu thank the selection committee cause you should have never been there in the first place.

I'm NO Urban Meyer fan...but 'dem some sour apples, right there....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well, I guess he was better at this than some here thought. But inside you really knew the guy, with anytime at all, could prepare his team to beat the undbeatable Funny how you told the Utes to "get over it" when he bailed to come to the almighty U of F. That was his destiny and the big time.........but WOE fckn is me when he bailed on you to move on.
The guy did what we hired him to do. Make us top dog, win some hardware and let us brag. We did not own him or have exlcusive rights to the Meyer franchise forever. He is now back in the home area he wanted to be in. He is a fckn genius and proved it once again. Let it go let it go.........we got our new guy and he is undefeated at UF. Cant get much better than that. BTW you were right, Shelley, breaks ups are a bitCHHHH and the jilted will not let it go for quite awhile...........

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n149940 said:
Sorry but I still don't respect Meyer. I don't have anything bad against him as a person because I don't know him but you left the program without telling the truth and didn't explain to the Gator fans what was going on. That is why most fans don't like him IMHO. If he would've came out and said, I am just tired of coaching the Gators, I want to go back home and coach the Buckeyes/Notre Dame etc., he would get way more respect from Gator Nation. Don't say you want to spend time with your family, then go work for ESPN, then hit the reset button and go back to Ohio.

He didn't owe you an explanation why he was leaving. He owed himself, his family and the University. I'm content in knowing he did.

The continued carping and sniping over Meyer makes us sound like a pen full of babies. Get over it.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I still hate pOSU. However, from what I watched, the Suckeyes were far and away the better team. They proved, at least to me, that they should have been in the playoffs (despite my wanting them out), and they earned the national title. I'll have to suck it up and respect their title, as it is deserved. ORE let me down.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations to Ohio State and Urban Meyer. Urban showed again why he is a top 2 coach in the nation, and his staff of coaches is excellent. The defensive coordinator put a masterful game against Oregon, and kept the offense off their schedule.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't stand tOSU, but damn can Meyer coach a football team and get them prepared for big games. Too bad he couldn't handle the pressure at UF, we could have about 5 rings by now.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n149940 said:
Sorry but I still don't respect Meyer. I don't have anything bad against him as a person because I don't know him but you left the program without telling the truth and didn't explain to the Gator fans what was going on. That is why most fans don't like him IMHO. If he would've came out and said, I am just tired of coaching the Gators, I want to go back home and coach the Buckeyes/Notre Dame etc., he would get way more respect from Gator Nation. Don't say you want to spend time with your family, then go work for ESPN, then hit the reset button and go back to Ohio.

Agree with most of this.

I don't feel like a jilted lover just a pissed off fan.

Give the man credit, he can coach a FB team but he is a liar. He sucksnuts!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We should all be thankful. This guy was an Ohio boy all the way. His heroes were Earl Bruce and WoodyH. His roots were there but we got to use him long enough for two titles. Our own guy, SOS, only pit stopped at Duke before he lead us to absolute glory and history. LSU was considering him before us and had that happened where are we today?I dont even want to think about it. No had feelings here. The mf can coach and there is proof all over the place. As for hating the bucknuts? Why? In the two biggest games between them and us we TOOK THE hardware and the glory.........

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
damn oregon sucks!!, got completely destroyed, no need to hear anything else about the punk 12!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You have to credit Meyer for what he has done the last two games. Beating Alabama and Oregon with a 3rd string QB who looks better than anybody we have on our roster. He has a solid OL and his defense played extremely well. The guy is one of the best in the game... even if he did leave us in a bad situation.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I love the mention in the postgame by Leyer about how the team was the tightest family, blah, blah, blah, meanwhile, some family is still mourning the loss of their son after he outed himself in a dumpster, with no mention. Of course, the pinheads at ESPN won't mention it either, they have to protect their one year alumnus at all costs for his next year-long stint in about two years.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hate watching college championship title games when the Gators are not playing. On the flip side, there's a head coach for you, make adjustments and coach your boys up to counter the opponents threats. Congrats M3.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n150155 said:
I love the mention in the postgame by Leyer about how the team was the tightest family, blah, blah, blah, meanwhile, some family is still mourning the loss of their son after he outed himself in a dumpster, with no mention. Of course, the pinheads at ESPN won't mention it either, they have to protect their one year alumnus at all costs for his next year-long stint in about two years.
This should make you happier. Alert the others for a moment of joy,,,,,,,,,,
http://www.bengarrett.net/2015/01/ohio-state-won-urban-meyer-lost/ [h=2]Ohio State won. Urban Meyer lost.[/h]
When the stage was set for the final act in Monday’s national championship game, you knew exactly how it would play out.
Leading 35-20, Ohio State picked up a first down at the 3-yard-line with under a minute remaining. Oregon had two timeouts but was choosing not to use them, having already conceded defeat. The Buckeyes could have simply taken a knee twice and began to celebrate.
But Urban Meyer wanted more.
Urban Meyer always wants more.
Meyer took two more cracks at the end zone, found it on the second try with 28 seconds remaining, and made the final score 42-20.
And for what? To impress Associated Press voters who will be casting ballots for the preseason Top 25 poll in just a few more months? It isn’t like the Buckeyes had anything else to accomplish this season. They had dominated the football game and won the national championship. The margin of victory wasn’t going to make their trophy any bigger, or any shinier. It wasn’t going to make any more confetti fall from the rafters at AT&T Stadium. It wasn’t going to make the spotlight shine a little brighter when Meyer and his team took the stage to claim their crown. And it isn’t as though Ezekiel Elliot needed to pad his stats. He had already turned in the most impressive performance of a national title game in years.
In that situation, winners would’ve shown a little mercy; displayed a little sportsmanship. It’s what winners do.
But Urban Meyer isn’t a winner.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. Supposedly running up the score doesn't make him the ******* that he is. The Ducks would have done the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.