Recruiting ***Official ESD Game Day Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol oh wow good one. So is there something wrong with people who follow recruiting? Is that what you’re saying? Because I think you’re going to have a problem with 99% of this board

Slevin, usually you have good come backs, but is just a bad look for you. This is the most broken I've ever seen you... it's ok buddy... sit down take a breath, the sun will come out tomorrow. Drink a nice sip of what ever wine you need, tell mrs slevin you need a hummer... and relax.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Used and abused:

What an azzhole. What's the point of doing something like that? I don't understand the desire to "troll" UF in this situation. Why? Because you're sore at us for recruiting you? For offering you an opportunity that a thousand other players would love to have? You need to get even with us for that? I don't get it.

If the decision comes down to two rival schools, then maybe a little good-natured troll is okay when you pick one over the other. But A&M is not one of our rivals. In fact if memory serves, based on the rotation we won't even play them the whole time he's there. So that false reveal with the sweatshirt was just a dick move. I know this sounds like sour grapes but if that's the kind of stupid douche he is, Cuckboy can have him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What an azzhole. What's the point of doing something like that? I don't understand the desire to "troll" UF in this situation. Why? Because you're sore at us for recruiting you? For offering you an opportunity that a thousand other players would love to have? You need to get even with us for that? I don't get it.

If the decision comes down to two rival schools, then maybe a little good-natured troll is okay when you pick one over the other. But A&M is not one of our rivals. In fact if memory serves, based on the rotation we won't even play them the whole time he's there. So that false reveal with the sweatshirt was just a dick move. I know this sounds like sour grapes but if that's the kind of stupid douche he is, Cuckboy can have him.

I generally agree. It will come across as sour grapes, but I'm pretty consistent in application. I think it indicates a weakness and lack of respect when you feel the need to do that. I was happy to have signed Fowler, but didn't like his trolling of fsu down to the end for that very reason. It's not a good look. And I'm always more surprised that parent(s) stand by and allow it. As you say, it's haha for a moment, but ultimately a garbage move.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
We really can't have it both ways. If facilities are truly an issue, which has been said for years... then I don't know how you expect to sign top 3 classes. That's Jeremy Foley type thinking. That's "we're Florida, we don't need no stinking facilities" thinking. Dan needs to make upgrades to the staff, no doubt. We all want and expect great. We want top 3 classes every year. I just don't think we can reasonably expect top 3 classes until the decade late facilities are done or at least started.

Either facilities are a detriment or they aren't. We've been saying FOR YEARS they were and that it was hurting our recruiting. Now the narrative is changing. It makes no sense. If Dan pulls in say 8th or 9th ranked classes without them, I feel pretty certain he'll be able to pull, at least top 5 classes with them. He's not an elite recruiter. Unfortunately, he's just not. But he's a damn good football coach. I like our odds if he's able to start pulling top 5 classes. The problem is, he may not last that long. We need those damn facilities yesterday...And he needs to hire him a couple ace recruiters...and correct the Knox hire. That may have been his biggest mistake of his tenure so far. We lost an ace recruiter and coach for friggn Knox... smh...

“Reasonably expect” - reason prevailing on GCMB?
“Narrative is changing” - of course by some GCMB’ers.

Good class. Building, momentum, progress. Go Gators!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yall take it easy on the slevster... hes a good dude. too trusting and prone to believe the hype, but genuine in his approach and brings a lot of info, even if some is pumpish hype. you wanna pound someone, pound the dude who claims super secret sources, guaranteed done deals, and finger wags for doubters, then consistently puts up a fat goose egg in the guaranteed department.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
yall take it easy on the slevster... hes a good dude. too trusting and prone to believe the hype, but genuine in his approach and brings a lot of info, even if some is pumpish hype. you wanna pound someone, pound the dude who claims super secret sources, guaranteed done deals, and finger wags for doubters, then consistently puts up a fat goose egg in the guaranteed department.

Goose egg. Meet Face. Oof.

and our problem at rb seems to stem more from the fates of players like Davis over that of a Perine.

weak line play and now scheme as well have made it too easy for RBs to just vanish around here.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burn the whole program down and put the ashes in the concrete of the new swimming and diving/Track facilities our student athletes deserve

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I use to have a neighbor who's son in law was an assistant AD under Foley. I loved getting pieces of inside information from her. The guy has since retired and is an executive for Tailgate Guys now. For the record, this guy HATED Mac and said most inside the athletic department did as well. Said he was a complete phony in public and an absolute ass behind the scenes.

Recruiting is a fluid thing... and you're dealing with the whims of a 17-18 year old. I appreciate anyone who brings anything to the table if they have a source inside the athletic department. I just take it all with a grain of salt, so it doesn't really bother me if it's wrong or if a kid changes his mind. At least it gives us something to talk about. I don't bag on someone who claims a source unless it's just obvious they are trolling. I don't get that feeling with 2bits. It was wrong...but if he's just passing along what he's being told, it's not his fault. NBD... unless you believe everything you read or are told.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think he’s already decided to let it play until facilities and support has reached something approaching parity before he decides these guys can or can’t get it done.

Then he's already written his own obituary.

That wasn't the standard he walked into, nor the one he championed the day he arrived. If he can't see that he needs changes to his staff and that certain people are killing him, then that's on him. I'm not the one that has to tell my wife we're moving. We'll ultimately survive because we're UF and the next guy will have the facilities he's been so adamant about getting. Seems bizarre that anyone would choose that, but life is bizarre.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Then he's already written his own obituary.

That wasn't the standard he walked into, nor the one he championed the day he arrived. If he can't see that he needs changes to his staff and that certain people are killing him, than that's on him. I'm not the one that has to tell my wife we're moving. We'll ultimately survive because we're UF and the next guy will have the facilities he's been so adamant about getting. Seems bizarre that anyone would choose that, but life is bizarre.

if not are you going to throw batteries at him... asking for a friend.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I'm still fired up about Harris. lol that sh*t does not sit right with me. I would really love for someone to ask him why he felt the need to stick it to the UF coaches and fanbase.

None of our other prospects did anything like that today, as far as I know. The closest thing to it was EJ Smith positioning the UF hat front and center in his little collection, but that was not in the same league with what Harris did.

So I'd seriously like to know if somebody on our staff talked down to him or was rude or arrogant or did something to provoke him into wanting to mess with us like that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At the end of the day these are 17 year old kids making the most important decision of their professional lives. No one know what is going on until pen hits paper.

All the more reason to not pretend as if you do. Look, we're all here to voice opinions and speculate. That's what this is all about. And as I said this morning, guys who follow on Twitter and other places, or tell us what they're hearing, I'm good with that. Even if their optimism turns out to be wrong. Most of those guys' opinions look like an EKG because what they're hearing is so fluid. But they're literally just passing along what others are predicting, not creating a facade that they somehow have a handle. The latter group is what's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator