Recruiting ***Official ESD Game Day Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I'm still fired up about Harris. lol that sh*t does not sit right with me. I would really love for someone to ask him why he felt the need to stick it to the UF coaches and fanbase.

None of our other prospects did anything like that today, as far as I know. The closest thing to it was EJ Smith positioning the UF hat front and center in his little collection, but that was not in the same league with what Harris did.

So I'd seriously like to know if somebody on our staff talked down to him or was rude or arrogant or did something to provoke him into wanting to mess with us like that.

I wish Jimbo was good enough to win the west so we could play them now...****. Jimbo and that POS program

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Several days ago I said that we wouldn't get XH, either Smith, or Harris. For that I was called"stoned". My criterion remains the same: we need to finish eighth or better nationally. Will we?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I generally agree. It will come across as sour grapes, but I'm pretty consistent in application. I think it indicates a weakness and lack of respect when you feel the need to do that. I was happy to have signed Fowler, but didn't like his trolling of fsu down to the end for that very reason. It's not a good look. And I'm always more surprised that parent(s) stand by and allow it. As you say, it's haha for a moment, but ultimately a garbage move.
Yeah but like I said before, FSU is our rival. Gators and Noles are always going to smacktalk each other. Maybe Fowler was a little over the top about it, but at least on some level it makes sense.

Whereas an A&M commit going out of his way to troll the Gators is sort of weird and unexpected. We don't really have a rivalry, so it could be about some personal animus he had. Hence my curiosity about how he was treated by our staff.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’m in burn it down mode...time to log off hopefully Pinder comes around to the good guys and Wilson gets in...y’all have a good night and I’ll be back in a few days :suicide:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
All three of those schools always make it a point of pride to lock down the top recruits in their own state. And, how's that working for them?

BTW, I just heard a reporter ask CDM at his ESD Press Conference that "UF signed more highly ranked recruits from the state of Florida than any other team in the Nation".

Now, I know that doesn't mean "highest ranked" recruits but it is still a pretty awesome feat and a departure from previous regimes here.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
From 247, here's a listing of UF targets / offerees who ended up going elsewhere:

WR Kentron Poitier - SIGNED WITH FLORIDA STATE
Schools: Florida, Florida State, Syracuse

OT Marcus Dumervil - SIGNED WITH LSU
Schools: Florida, LSU, Louisville

RB EJ Smith - SIGNED WITH STANFORD
Schools: Florida, Texas A&M, Stanford

LB Phillip Webb - SIGNED WITH LSU
Schools: Alabama, Florida, and LSU

WR Sam Brown - SIGNED WITH WEST VIRGINIA
Schools: Florida, Georgia, Ole Miss, and West Virginia

DL Timothy Smith - SIGNED WITH ALABAMA
Schools: Alabama, Florida

DE Donell Harris - SIGNED WITH TEXAS A&M
Schools: Florida, Texas A&M

DE Morven Joseph - SIGNED WITH TENNESSEE
Schools: Florida, Florida State, and Tennessee

DT Clyde Pinder Jr. (current North Carolina commit) - CHANGE OF PLANS (VIP)
Schools: Florida, North Carolina

WR Malik Heath - SIGNED WITH MISSISSIPPI STATE
Schools: Florida, Mississippi State, and South Carolina

WR Elijah Canion - SIGNED WITH AUBURN
Schools: Auburn, Florida

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
BTW, I just heard a reporter ask CDM at his ESD Press Conference that "UF signed more highly ranked recruits from the state of Florida than any other team in the Nation".

Now, I know that doesn't mean "highest ranked" recruits but it is still a pretty awesome feat and a departure from previous regimes here.
Nobody signed more 4-stars or better from Florida than we did? I'm not even sure if that's accurate, but as far as I'm concerned, considering the state of UM and FSU for the foreseeable near future, that should be happening every year and it's an inexcusable failure when it doesn't.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I don’t care what the National ranking is, we need to be on top 3 of SEC

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
If you think UF had a good day today, it is my unfortunate duty to report that of Barton Simmons of CBS Sports does not agree with you:

National Signing Day: Nebraska, Tennessee top winners, Florida leads losers in early signing period 2019

Losers
Florida: The Gators had really high hopes for the way Wednesday would unfold. A potential flip of four-star defensive end Donell Harris from Texas A&M or defensive tackle Timothy Smith from Alabama were in the card. They also wanted to beat Stanford and Texas A&M on Florida legacy EJ Smith (the son of Emmitt Smith) but saw him go to the Cardinal. There were several other prospects the Gators were in on, including Morven Joseph. None of the news fell in Florida's favor. Florida still finishes the day inside the national top 10, but it was a rare 0-for-signing day performance.

Just to put things in perspective though, farther down his list Simmons also has LSU listed as one of the "Losers," because they didn't achieve their goal of signing the #1 overall class. They were #5 in CBS's rankings. So, losers. lol

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
If you think UF had a good day today, it is my unfortunate duty to report that of Barton Simmons of CBS Sports does not agree with you:

National Signing Day: Nebraska, Tennessee top winners, Florida leads losers in early signing period 2019

Losers
Florida: The Gators had really high hopes for the way Wednesday would unfold. A potential flip of four-star defensive end Donell Harris from Texas A&M or defensive tackle Timothy Smith from Alabama were in the card. They also wanted to beat Stanford and Texas A&M on Florida legacy EJ Smith (the son of Emmitt Smith) but saw him go to the Cardinal. There were several other prospects the Gators were in on, including Morven Joseph. None of the news fell in Florida's favor. Florida still finishes the day inside the national top 10, but it was a rare 0-for-signing day performance.

Just to put things in perspective though, farther down his list Simmons also has LSU listed as one of the "Losers," because they didn't achieve their goal of signing the #1 overall class. They were #5 in CBS's rankings. So, losers. lol
CBS sports is as reputable as biglots.com.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
CBS sports is as reputable as biglots.com.
Yeah you can tell the writer doesn't know much when he concludes by saying, "Florida still finishes the day inside the national top 10, but it was a rare 0-for-signing day performance." What's rare about that? We hardly ever have any signing day flips or surprises go our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.