Recruiting ***Official ESD Game Day Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I knew where it was...but in case anyone was unclear about where that Godforsaken reject of a landmass was I was being gracious...and it didn’t cost you anything...win/win

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I drove through Iowa once. Id Iather drag my balls thru glass than do it again. Diddo for Kansas or Oklahomo.
Kansas and West Texas are the most boring places to drive through.

Montana takes forever to drive through, but at least it’s scenic.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not impressed with the recruiting and if it doesn't get better then we will NEVER get over the hump. Some of you are living in fantasy land if you don't realize the glaring problem we have with recruiting.

You value your opinion too highly.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will say, there seems to be a consistent chorus of "i trust the coaches evals more than star rankings", followed only a few months later by "you have to give him time, he cant win the big ones until he gets some talent on the roster." The "he" has been every coach since meyer. Was hilarious seeing some posters blame meyer's recruiting for muschamps inability to win.

Some things never change :lol:

And you don't either....... :exactly:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
But like GI Joe said “Knowing is half the battle” and there you have it...in all its mediocre melancholy

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Who are the top targets for February to finish off this class?

Good to see we are focusing on taking back the state of Florida in recruiting. Will help build pipelines and a steady stream of schools And coaches which will become feeder programs for the Gators if Mullen keeps it up.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did we completely bust in the ESD? I can’t keep up but I read an article the posted the Top 5 Winners and Top 5 Losers. We were the #1 Loser. Whiffed a bunch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did we completely bust in the ESD? I can’t keep up but I read an article the posted the Top 5 Winners and Top 5 Losers. We were the #1 Loser. Whiffed a bunch.
We had a bad day, yes. O for signing day.

There is still an unsigned WR in FL who was headed to USF but is projected to us now.

And the Tulane RB.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Perception was bad. Had a few “announcements” where we didn't even send the kids a LOI. A miss is a miss, but it made it seem like expectations were to land a bunch of kids. In truth, we were probably only in it for 2, the WR and the DT who stuck with Unc. The others we allowed ourselves to get trolled. It was odd seeing none of them go our way, but not shocking. No flips from our class, so there's that.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The others we allowed ourselves to get trolled. It was odd seeing none of them go our way, but not shocking. No flips from our class, so there's that.

We seem to get trolled, regularly. This has been going on for some time. The article I read was all about the lack of flips we had. Zero. Oh well. Wait till next year, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.