Recruiting ***Official ESD Game Day Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Timing is everything. We flipped two players on Friday. Had they waited until Wednesday we would have had quite a different view of ESD.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We seem to get trolled, regularly. This has been going on for some time. The article I read was all about the lack of flips we had. Zero. Oh well. Wait till next year, right?

I’m on record as saying this was the last year of the hopeful NSD flip fest being acceptable. I’m able to recognize that we’ve been behind the sticks with many of these kids because of where we’ve been as a program and how early recruiting starts now. But at this point we shouldn’t have to be the ones prying kids away from their commitments or going into NSD as the outside, puncher’s chance team. We should be able to land ESD announcements and be the ones fending off others as we got the kids’ verbal first. It was better this year in that regard, but still too many imo.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
If I have a dog, then wake up in the morning and that dog isn't a cat, who's the crazy one in this equation?
Hmmm. You got me there. I'm going to saayyyy......

the cat?

giphy.gif

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I knew where it was...but in case anyone was unclear about where that Godforsaken reject of a landmass was I was being gracious...and it didn’t cost you anything...win/win

Knowing how to locate Iowa is all well and good - having a compelling reason to do so is another matter altogether.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m on record as saying this was the last year of the hopeful NSD flip fest being acceptable. I’m able to recognize that we’ve been behind the sticks with many of these kids because of where we’ve been as a program and how early recruiting starts now. But at this point we shouldn’t have to be the ones prying kids away from their commitments or going into NSD as the outside, puncher’s chance team. We should be able to land ESD announcements and be the ones fending off others as we got the kids’ verbal first. It was better this year in that regard, but still too many imo.
Ever since Meyer left, we’ve been judged on flips and/or being trolled. Why is that, do you think?

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Did we completely bust in the ESD? I can’t keep up but I read an article the posted the Top 5 Winners and Top 5 Losers. We were the #1 Loser. Whiffed a bunch.

we whiffed on some expected (Twitter rumors) flips. Standing at #8. Disappointing signing day if you were expecting “secret commits” and flips but a good ESD overall. Still have RB, WR and ILB on the wish list.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So... does ESD take all the glory out of N(ormal)SD? Are we just waiting to see what 2&3* kids sign in February? Is signing done, basically?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Well, in fairness, it seems like he’s been here for 17 years so he’s overdue big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb