***Official Florida Football coaching hires 2017***

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Do you have some recent stats from North Texas and his o line there?

He was only at North Texas for one season (2016). He helped rookie head coach Seth Littrell lead North Texas to a bowl game and their second best record in 11 years. Apparently, the rest of the college football world took notice because power 5 schools raided Littrell's staff. Offensive line coach Davis was hired by Florida, defensive coordinator Mike Eckler was hired by North Carolina and defensive line coach Derrick LeBlanc was hired by Kentucky.

In 2014 Brad Davis was the co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at James Madison. James Madison stood 10th nationally in total offense with a 484.6 yards-per-game average, 17th in scoring with a 35.7 points-per-game clip and 21st in both rushing and passing.

Before joining JMU in 2014, Davis spent the previous five years at Portland State (2009-13), serving as the run-game coordinator and offensive line coach as part of the program's pistol package. Under Davis, the Vikings had 10 players earn All-Big Sky Conference honors while ranking among the nation's leaders in fewest sacks allowed.

Davis has delivered presentations at the Nike Coach-of-the-Year Clinic and American Football Coaches Association Convention.

The college football world seems to think very highly of this guy. He appears to be a rising star.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He was only at North Texas for one season (2016). He helped rookie head coach Seth Littrell lead North Texas to a bowl game and their second best record in 11 years. Apparently, the rest of the college football world took notice because power 5 schools raided Littrell's staff. Offensive line coach Davis was hired by Florida, defensive coordinator Mike Eckler was hired by North Carolina and defensive line coach Derrick LeBlanc was hired by Kentucky.

In 2014 Brad Davis was the co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at James Madison. James Madison stood 10th nationally in total offense with a 484.6 yards-per-game average, 17th in scoring with a 35.7 points-per-game clip and 21st in both rushing and passing.

Before joining JMU in 2014, Davis spent the previous five years at Portland State (2009-13), serving as the run-game coordinator and offensive line coach as part of the program's pistol package. Under Davis, the Vikings had 10 players earn All-Big Sky Conference honors while ranking among the nation's leaders in fewest sacks allowed.

Davis has delivered presentations at the Nike Coach-of-the-Year Clinic and American Football Coaches Association Convention.

The college football world seems to think very highly of this guy. He appears to be a rising star.

I asked how is o line performed at North Texas. I am going to assume it was awful since you avoided the question.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I asked how is o line performed at North Texas. I am going to assume it was awful since you avoided the question.

Not avoiding the question. You posted the stats previously and already know the answer. I saw no reason to tell you something as though you don't already know when it's obvious that you do.

In my opinion, it's not that simple. It's a difficult metric given the circumstances. Davis was at North Texas for a single season that coincided with a transition for the team as a whole. There was a new head coach with new assistants and a new offensive system. That makes it difficult to judge.

If I want to get a true feel for the quality of someone's work then I wouldn't isolate a single year in which the entire organization was in transition with new leadership and a changing system. I would instead look at their entire body of work. It appears that you are intent on finding negatives and therefore want to focus entirely on a single season that better enables you to criticize than if you looked at his entire body of work. You are judging Davis with a predetermined outcome.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not avoiding the question. You posted the stats previously and already know the answer. I saw no reason to tell you something as though you don't already know when it's obvious that you do.

In my opinion, it's not that simple. It's a difficult metric given the circumstances. Davis was at North Texas for a single season that coincided with a transition for the team as a whole. There was a new head coach with new assistants and a new offensive system. That makes it difficult to judge.

If I want to get a true feel for the quality of someone's work then I wouldn't isolate a single year in which the entire organization was in transition with new leadership and a changing system. I would instead look at their entire body of work. It appears that you are intent on finding negatives and therefore want to focus entirely on a single season that better enables you to criticize than if you looked at his entire body of work. You are judging Davis with a predetermined outcome.

Actually I have no idea. Swamp posted something about it or someone else did. I remember it was not that great. It seems like you purposefully left that info out. It's all good. Fit the narrative, right?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Actually I have no idea. Swamp posted something about it or someone else did. I remember it was not that great. It seems like you purposefully left that info out. It's all good. Fit the narrative, right?

I could have swore I saw you post it in a different thread. If not, my bad.

No, the stats aren't good. I did purposefully leave them out, but it's because I honestly thought you knew.

Either way, I think it's obvious I see the hire and look for the positives and you see the hire and are skeptical. Nothing wrong with either approach, just a difference in our current outlook. I focus on the stats that support my view and you look for the ones that support your view. Bias confirmation all around.

We won't know who saw the right side until this time next year, if then. It's fun debating it until then though.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: New #Gators assistant coaches Corey Bell, Brad Davis and Ja'Juan Seider will have their introductory press conferences at 1:15 p.m.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If you haven't watched I recommend it. Bell seems more laid back, but this might resonate with the south Florida kids. Davis and Seider were very very impressive and seem more like the in-your-face type of coach.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you haven't watched I recommend it. Bell seems more laid back, but this might resonate with the south Florida kids. Davis and Seider were very very impressive and seem more like the in-your-face type of coach.

At the 52:23 mark, Seider is speaking directly to T Rex on his comments in the chatterbox about even considering recruiting James Cook :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You think he's coming here? I'll give you the same odds - 10 to 1 - your hundo to my G. Fair?
I don't know where he's going, no one does...kids are fickle.

You seem to have inside information and know everything before it happens. I guess I just assumed you had direct contact with him :whistle:

Fact of the matter is, you don't know what you don't know, if you don't at least feel the guy out, then what the **** are we paying these guys for.

You go after top talent no matter what their last name is or who they are related to, period.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know where he's going, no one does...kids are fickle.

You seem to have inside information and know everything before it happens. I guess I just assumed you had direct contact with him :whistle:

So that's a bet?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's what I thought. LOL.
You think? Could have fooled me.

Dude, I'm not saying we will get him...get your head out of your ass. I'm simply saying you recruit top talent. Never thought that would be a controversial statement but I don't think there is a topic you won't bitch about.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You think? Could have fooled me.

Dude, I'm not saying we will get him...get your head out of your ass. I'm simply saying you recruit top talent. Never thought that would be a controversial statement but I don't think there is a topic you won't ***** about.

Ok pal.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yup.

We should just pack it up then. Don't even bother recruiting, amiright?

T Rex, since you are so good at this stuff, why aren't you a recruiting coordinator at a major university? You really should consider sending in your resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.