Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ Arkansas

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Timeout with 3:31 left, down by 1 now.
Anyone's ballgame...both teams have been very sloppy on both sides of the ball, committing a lot of turnovers. It's benefited us more then them...but clean that up and we win.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Florida is down 63-62 at the under 4 timeout. Another turnover this time by Lewis when we had the lead

Guess we shouldn’t be surprised with the TOs considering how long it’s been since we’ve played a competitive game. Still frustrating though

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This isn’t recency bias...I do not like Duruji.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Timeout with 3:31 left, down by 1 now.
Anyone's ballgame...both teams have been very sloppy on both sides of the ball, committing a lot of turnovers. It's benefited us more then them...but clean that up and we win.

Can’t blame a layoff after 37 minutes of basketball

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
10 and fing 6 man. Same crap different year.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
...a charge on Mann now.
Just a total collapse down the stretch after cutting it to single digits with a few minutes left.

And why TF are we fouling with 19 seconds left and down 8?! Just take the plane home and move on.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I hate that little area just over half court to the right. Nothing good ever happens to us when we dribble there.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
6th turnover for Appleby innthe half

Give it up man lol he’s been one of our only threats on offense. Yes he was sloppy as hell, but Mann was a no show, Locke was who he is, Lewis is offensively inept and below average defender, and Duruji is our worst player that gets major minutes.

/rant (sorry, I’m pissed again)

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Give it up man lol he’s been one of our only threats on offense. Yes he was sloppy as hell, but Mann was a no show, Locke was who he is, Lewis is offensively inept and below average defender, and Duruji is our worst player that gets major minutes.

/rant (sorry, I’m pissed again)
He has been good scoring. He has huge issues and forces everything. Not sure I've seen 6 TOs in a half too much

Edit: He was credited with another one. 7 turnovers in the half.

He just needs to play under control and use his speed

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
ANOTHER turnover on a dumb cross-court pass that easily gets intercepted and run back.

At least Osifo had some heart and fouled the chit out of the guy trying the dunk. That's the kind of effort I want to see...but good Lord what an absolute abortion of a final 3 minutes. 5 or 6 turnovers and the only points we got were from FTs (2). Lose by 11 at the end...piss-poor coaching.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He has been good scoring. He has huge issues and forces everything. Not sure I've seen 6 TOs in a half too much

Errybody was turning that thing over today. But yes, he was careless.

Team is extremely limited due to the play of our wings. Lewis and Duruji stink

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lewis is probably the most overrated prospect
We’ve had since Walker. Really dreadful turnover to give up the lead with a really poor pass. That killed all the momentum and we weren’t worth a **** the rest of the way after a good little stretch . First half was terrible . Arkansas is a decent team , but will get slaughtered by Bama.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna save you guys some heartache. Don't watch the game until you know the score. I've been enjoying this year. Ofcourse I'd like to watch more games but hey, we're undefeated in my mind.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
ANOTHER turnover on a dumb cross-court pass that easily gets intercepted and run back.

At least Osifo had some heart and fouled the chit out of the guy trying the dunk. That's the kind of effort I want to see...but good Lord what an absolute abortion of a final 3 minutes. 5 or 6 turnovers and the only points we got were from FTs (2). Lose by 11 at the end...piss-poor coaching.
Hopefully a whole lot of rust. Nothing will be easy the rest of the way do they better regroup and step up

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.