Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida at Georgia

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sloppy but good fighting for rebounds. Just maintain this lead. Make them turn it over with no turnovers by us.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Disagree...we managed the clock real well down the stretch and maintained control all the way despite some weak defense at times.

Good win with 2 starters out. The boys have stepped up.
Not the collapse we've seen before. Better finishes on some drives, but slowdown was still noticeable. Up 15? Nah, let's beat em by 8... cmon, let the kids play their game.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 92-84! Mann had 24 pts, but a lot of players had good games offensively, Locke had 16 pts, Appleby and Castleton had 14 pts, and Payne had 10 pts

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Enjoyed the game. Good way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I like the way we are responding but the defensive lapses must get worked out quick.

Lots of guys contributed which is always a good sign.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow what a HUGE WIN on the road. Anytime we can beat UGA in anything is a GREAT day. NV not gonna be happy about this one at all. Very surprising that we could play on this level for 2 games in a row. We gave up too many layups so we will have to work on that but we scored at will on the inside too. Gators with 50 points inside the paint and UGA with 48. Refs were TERRIBLE yet again and tried to even up the foul calls at the end. Amazing how a team has a huge lead like the Gators and yet we foul "on purpose" to let UGA back into the game. Serious home cooking there against us yet again. MW and company kicking my butt and making me choke on Crow once again and stuffing the haters again today. MW and coaching staff have REALLY developed Mann and Castleon who have BOTH shown massive improvements this season over last year. MW really coaching up these guys on the sidelines as I heard him MULTIPLE times on the sidelines yelling and shouting directions and plays to the players and it worked like a charm yet again today. He would coach up every player that came off the floor too so very surprising to see him coaching up the team big time these last 2 games. MW and team really doin work. Great win for the Gators today!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does 2 great wins in a row show a trend and will we turn the corner and keep going? To win like this is just amazing. Is this team starting to gel now? The offense was just so fluid and so many guys moving fast all over the place. Even Payne is running back on D and had 10 points and 9 rebounds today. HUGE. Castleton with 14 points and 3 rebounds and 3 assists off the bench. HUGE. Gators with 14 steals today.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow what a HUGE WIN on the road. Anytime we can beat UGA in anything is a GREAT day. NV not gonna be happy about this one at all. Very surprising that we could play on this level for 2 games in a row. We gave up too many layups so we will have to work on that but we scored at will on the inside too. Gators with 50 points inside the paint and UGA with 48. Refs were TERRIBLE yet again and tried to even up the foul calls at the end. Amazing how a team has a huge lead like the Gators and yet we foul "on purpose" to let UGA back into the game. Serious home cooking there against us yet again. MW and company kicking my butt and making me choke on Crow once again and stuffing the haters again today. MW and coaching staff have REALLY developed Mann and Castleon who have BOTH shown massive improvements this season over last year. MW really coaching up these guys on the sidelines as I heard him MULTIPLE times on the sidelines yelling and shouting directions and plays to the players and it worked like a charm yet again today. He would coach up every player that came off the floor too so very surprising to see him coaching up the team big time these last 2 games. MW and team really doin work. Great win for the Gators today!

I agree with everything you said except the part about the coaching staff developing Mann and Castleton.

As stated before, Mann worked out with Mike Miller over the summer and the difference is mostly confidence.
Castleton arrived with his current game since the coaches had little to no contact with the players until shortly before the season started.

I agree that White seems to be figuring out his rotation a little better and actually seems to have a pulse during the game.

Back to back strong performances

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I don't like giving MW credit either but he has allowed Mann to open things up and run and gun with his all around game. Castleton at Michigan wasn't used at all and was NOTHING there while averaging 3 points a game. He has really blossomed since coming to UF. Watching tape of him at Michigan and I can see that he is MUCH more aggressive here at UF than he ever was at Michigan. He also has an attitude on the court which was NOT seen while at Michigan. Refs have talked to him a few times to ton it done and even gave him a T in one of the games. Both of these players are great leaders and proving it on the court.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Castleton is Erik Murphy. He added a good bit of weight and it allows him to play his game rather than getting beat up. Whether MW should get the credit for that I don’t know.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Applebee has helped this team a lot ... energy & drive causing opponents to make mistakes. I think he's revved up everyone's engine.

What if Payne & Castleton catch on to working together? Many more Allie-oop dunks.
What if Mike White catches on to anything? He does seem to be doing better once the boys showed him the way?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.