Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida at Tennessee

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
There are always transfers in basketball but the amount we have is ridiculous. I think there was a point about a year ago when we had 7 transfers in a 365 day span. We have NO seniors this year. The last time we had a senior make it all the way through the program was kevarrius Hayes in 18-19. The year before that we had chiozza 17-18. So in the span of the last 4 years we are gonna have 2 seniors graduating that have been here the entire time.

I'm now realizing... Both Chiozza and Kevarrius committed to Billy Donovan. Looks like Noah Locke (assuming he doesnt transfer) will be the first Mike White recruit to make it all 4 years, after year 7 of Mike White's tenure.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
So if you are a 4-5 star guy and ready to hit the court and play the game that's actually being played today all around the country, don't come to UF. On the other hand, if you are that 4-5 star guy that maybe needs some further development in your game the come to UF and hang around for 4-5 years waiting for that to happen?

I mean, my point here is that you say sometimes it's on the player and that is true to a point but when it's damn near every player other than those ready to play from day one, it's the coach and the coach alone. I think you have pointed to this by saying that he transferred due to MW but Nembhard pretty much said he wanted to go to a better program to continue improving his game.

I’m not sure we are disagreeing on anything other than Lewis and Payne’s readiness to excel as incoming freshmen.

We seem to agree on MW.
We seem to agree that Nembhard made the right decision for the right reason.

I think the difference is you may see Lewis coming in at Nembhards level and I don’t. Not even close.

But I am still high on Lewis and Payne. I just quickly realized they were not one and done types and would need time. I think they will have productive junior and senior years....here or somewhere else. They have 2 seasons under their belt. I think they are ready to take a step forward (hopefully not wishful thinking).

If it happens now we could have an eventful tourney. That’s what I’m rooting for. Payne has been averaging about 15 minutes per game. If he competes that could easily go up to 20 minutes or more and make us better. Lewis doesn’t do any one thing great....but he can do a little of everything. He’s capable of filling up a stat line. That’s what we need. I’m a Gator fan and root for all Gators but I really root for these 2 because they have gone through some adversity. I want the ending to their story to be successful.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
There are always transfers in basketball but the amount we have is ridiculous. I think there was a point about a year ago when we had 7 transfers in a 365 day span. We have NO seniors this year. The last time we had a senior make it all the way through the program was kevarrius Hayes in 18-19. The year before that we had chiozza 17-18. So in the span of the last 4 years we are gonna have 2 seniors graduating that have been here the entire time.

I'm now realizing... Both Chiozza and Kevarrius committed to Billy Donovan. Looks like Noah Locke (assuming he doesnt transfer) will be the first Mike White recruit to make it all 4 years, after year 7 of Mike White's tenure.

This and the fact that we are not sending anyone to the league in recent years is why I believe MW will be gone after NEXT year. I just don’t see AD pulling that trigger this year unless a really big name expresses interest.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, not at all. I’ve been told repeatedly that they were poor players with bad attitudes that didn’t believe in his vision. Just not a fit for the program. Never White’s fault.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

No, not at all. I’ve been told repeatedly that they were poor players with bad attitudes that didn’t believe in his vision. Just not a fit for the program. Never White’s fault.

White pouted them out the door.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Game time is elusive - a lot of behind-the-back passes.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida tied 8-8 under 16 timeout. Some good plays and ugly plays to start the game. Samson and Lane playing pretty much the whole time so far

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t know we were playing Tennessee today.
Uniforms sure looks like Vandy

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lee shoots airball, airball. Still, his statements, as always are correct. :confused:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Well.....what can ya say? Another dismal performance other than Mann....At best we make it to Sweet 16.....No Keyontae, inconsistent Locke, a nonexistent Scottie Lewis most of the year and no quality bench play equals an average team

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well.....what can ya say? Another dismal performance other than Mann....At best we make it to Sweet 16.....No Keyontae, inconsistent Locke, a nonexistent Scottie Lewis most of the year and no quality bench play equals an average team

Subpar team by not winning the important games.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Sweet sixteen??? Really? Not sure we should even be in the tournament.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Much like Chris Walker? Sometimes it’s on the player.
Chris walker was terrible and way behind behind Payne as far as IQ goes. Payne had the luxury of playing a national schedule and playing for montverde. Wich usually those bigs come out ready to contribute. Rebounding and defense should translate very easily.
Now I'd take Payne over chris walker lol. Not only was he the biggest bust I've seen come through here, he was one of the worst I've seen. Dan Werner takes the the cake on that one though.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah Chris Walker was a lost cause. Even Billy D couldn't get through to him. Sometimes it is just the player and they can't translate success to the court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.