Gator Basketball *** Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ LSU

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Have only seen 2 bad 3 point shots in the 2nd half. All the rest have come off better action in rhythm, or a kick out on on offensive rebound. But even the misses the guys have been on balance with better spacing, except #3. But getting to the basket in the 2nd half opened up much better angles the entire half.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Very nice win. Our defense is no joke y’all

Even without spectacular 3 point shooting, we’re still scoring enough. Just hit some open 3s and we’ll be cooking

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Enjoyable game
To watch . Probably the most fun watching gator hoops since the game Omar Payne bent Auburn over

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very impressed with the close out tonight. The guys didn’t panic and played rock solid at both ends.

I am trying to convince myself that two games equals a trend.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Real nice road win. Team starting to play like a team and believe in themselves. Myreon Jones is actually playing good? This guy might actually be a pretty decent coach.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Tuned in at around the 11 min mark of the 2nd half, so all I saw after that was a pretty good closeout performance; but seems like I missed some of the 1st half sloppiness.

Still, have to give credit here: LSU isn't a bad team and it was on the road at that.

Made timely shots when we needed to and our defense wasn't giving them any "quick" easy shots--they had to work deep into the shot clock to get a look. Hope they can build off this and carry it through the rest of the season.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Florida wins by 11
Home Video Dancing GIF
finally some good news. I was too tired to watch last night (thats a lie I just HATE SEEING US LOSE) so today I will watch it all and report back later. I did see us down like 8-0 to start.......I hope this guy Golden can do it. He looks and sounds interesting........nothing like that tough new yorker Billy or always grim Mikey.
speaking of Billy............https://sports.yahoo.com/billy-donovan-reacts-ex-florida-140000700.html

"I'm not surprised," Donovan told NBC Sports Chicago's K.C. Johnson after the game when asked what it was like to watch his former college star hit a dagger three against his team.

"I just wish he was in the other corner because when we trapped, that’s what he does. He’s going to make a big shot. He can miss three or four in a row late in (a) game and when it really matters, he always steps up and answers the bell. He is a great competitor, great team guy. He’s all about winning."

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HUGE road win no doubt, now 2-2 in the SEC. UK loses yet again, this time at home to SC while UK was an 18 point favorite. UK now 10-6 on the year lol

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
The identity of this team is becoming evident. This isn't a good 3pt shooting team so it's going to have to rely upon playing strong defense and scoring in transition. In addition there is some quality depth on this team and each and every night someone else can be relied upon when other teams crash down on Castleton.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Really solid win last night. I can't stand LSU.

Did anyone mention that Golden met LSU's coach in the tournament last year when McMahon was at Murray State. Some people were mentioning McMahon for the Florida job.

To this team, they aren't a great three point shooting team, but coaches like Golden give guys the green light to fire away. They shoot 33% which isn't horrible, but you'd like to get to upper 30%. Two pointers they shoot around 52%. They are a decent free throw shooting team, so they need to get in the pain and draw fouls. They also need to increase their assist to TO ratio which is about 1:1 which is awful.

Anyway, Go Gators.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
OK after watching it our def. (in this game) is much better. You can tell he has the peremiter guys busting their asses to play better def. Much better ball movement and quicker. Getting Castle to look to hit an open man from the high post. He is intimidating and causing players to back off driving and making others miss from altering shots. Golden is getting them to play the way he wants and it shows. What I really see is confidence and MUCH better chemistry and PASSING, Kugel becoming a starter is good for this team. Starting to like this team.....oh yeah, if Kowacie had some threes its a 20pt blow out.........he was WAY off.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK after watching it our def. (in this game) is much better. You can tell he has the peremiter guys busting their asses to play better def. Much better ball movement and quicker. Getting Castle to look to hit an open man from the high post. He is intimidating and causing players to back off driving and making others miss from altering shots. Golden is getting them to play the way he wants and it shows. What I really see is confidence and MUCH better chemistry and PASSING, Kugel becoming a starter is good for this team. Starting to like this team.....oh yeah, if Kowacie had some threes its a 20pt blow out.........he was WAY off.

Reeves brings up a point for me with his shooting touch, or lack there of.
Typically really good shooters have hot and cold nights like everyone else. However even when the shots aren’t falling they are right on line and slightly short or the shots are the perfect distance but slightly off line.
When Kowacie’s shots aren’t falling they are most often no where near the basket. Many of his shots clang off the backboard at best without even touching the rim.
I have never seen a player that can consistently shoot shots so off target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb