***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ Missouri

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We may have 6 players on Wednesday. We just need get healthy. Sickness is hurting just as much as injuries

These illnesses hamper the players' practices, saps energy - they make each player-victim 50% to 70% as effective as their full skills could contribute. Plus illness or nagging injury (Gak's swelling knee) hampers self-confidence, dampens their boldness during game-play. We will have a much better team when greater health brings greater physiological participation.

Then there is the "biggie" of when will Egbunu and Stokes join the floor? The last I read (Dec 12?), Egbunu is solo-practicing on the court vs his coaches-caretakers. On his first dunk, Eggie held onto the rim wary of coming down full speed. He has shaken that fear and jumps normally now. They talk as if he will return to playing very late January/early February. He may well not be "talented" enough to play lots of minutes, thus adding little. Who knows how fast his skills, effort returns? Stokes just might return sooner than Egbunu? It's just that nobody writes about Stokes.?? We need more successful "beef" inside ASAP.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Some of these announcers these days are really bad. They try too hard to be entertaining at the expense of just calling the game.

While I’m at it I will also state that the introduction and increased use of sideline reporters is the worst idea in sports reporting history. I hate them all and I’m a positive dude. I can’t stand listening to them and it only gets worse when they start interviewing someone as the game is live right behind them. Total distraction.
They seem to have a "theme" for the game ahead of time and it takes 3/4 of the contest for the announcers to pick up on the story line the game makes itself. The UF/Kensucky football game was the worst I've ever seen. Jordan Reed just wouldn't shut up for the whole first half. They even missed showing an extra point he was talking so much.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We may have 6 players on Wednesday. We just need get healthy. Sickness is hurting just as much as injuries

Yeah, I am not sure how injuries are hurting UF much at all. I would think most young people would be able to play 3 days after starting antibiotics for strep. It is the flu that has can hang around and sap a team as a virus can not be attacked quite as easily.

As of now UF has been playing 9 players, Chiozza, Okauru, Allen, Hudson, Ballard, Koulechov, Stone, Hayes and Gak. Hudson has been sick and has been playing more recently. Allen maybe is sick and now Chiozza has strep. Even if Allen and Chiozza were out that would leave UF with 7, unless Gak again must miss a game or the flu has gotten most of the team now. Also there is always the chance Johnson could be ready to go, but maybe they are redshirting him as they should be redshirting Stokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.