Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ Texas A&M

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
completely apathetic to gator basketball. Honestly doesn't even bother me anymore. MW destroyed this program, and golden isnt the one to bring it back

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
completely apathetic to gator basketball. Honestly doesn't even bother me anymore. MW destroyed this program, and golden isnt the one to bring it back
When you find the real killer of the basketball program, you'll also find the person(s) that destroyed the football program as well.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
3 SEC losses all at the buzzer basically. Just a little better offense or make some freaking layups and we are 6-0. Frustrating year

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
3 SEC losses all at the buzzer basically. Just a little better offense or make some freaking layups and we are 6-0. Frustrating year
In that loss I still see a team that is playing its ass off for the FNG. Shots aint falling but they are not backing down. AM has talent and quickness we dont have. We dont have that one quick guy that puts pressure on the def. Im driving that last shot with a quick release. Or at least set the "picket fence" for Castle to get a look. Hell, if we just shoot 20% in the first half we win. The coach cannot make the shots, he can only get them to move, pass and get the shot. We had good movement to get some open threes but too many did not go down. I like this team. A bunch of new guys that working hard on the def. end. Btw the refs let TAM put lots of body on our players with few fouls called.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Btw the refs let TAM put lots of body on our players with few fouls called.
The refs have been atrocious this year. This is why I lost interest in basketball years ago, but I don't remember it being this egregious. Castleton should file a civil suit at this point.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
In that loss I still see a team that is playing its ass off for the FNG. Shots aint falling but they are not backing down. AM has talent and quickness we dont have. We dont have that one quick guy that puts pressure on the def. Im driving that last shot with a quick release. Or at least set the "picket fence" for Castle to get a look. Hell, if we just shoot 20% in the first half we win. The coach cannot make the shots, he can only get them to move, pass and get the shot. We had good movement to get some open threes but too many did not go down. I like this team. A bunch of new guys that working hard on the def. end. Btw the refs let TAM put lots of body on our players with few fouls called.

A) We’re more talented
B) We have the “quick guy” you’re referencing - Trey Bonham - he just doesn’t play

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
With any chance of making the big dance off the table it wouldn't surprise me see this team completely tank. This was yet another winnable game and they still have to face Kansas State, AL, KY twice and TN.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I will agree we have some good talent. But TG just threw most of them together this year and that chemistry doesnt happen over night. Many are traveling mercenaries. Even castle came from somewhere else. I have found I have to invest my time to learn about these guys. Fudge has real talent but finding his place has been hard. He stepped up early in the 2nd half with sort of a "**** this shttt Im gonna make stuff happen" The frosh. kugel is still finding his way. But we really dont have that confident quck guy we need, Kowacee has it but tries to stay within the offense. I think our guys need to realize after a few good passes to get the def.on its heels someone NEEDs to drive to the basket. The league is pretty good this year and the refs let them get physical. Our guys can play that way but we need a bruiser to go with Castle......

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
With any chance of making the big dance off the table it wouldn't surprise me see this team completely tank. This was yet another winnable game and they still have to face Kansas State, AL, KY twice and TN.
KJ is completely killing the Big 12. So frustrating because he really was the best all around player we had in years.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Just when you think they could be turning a corner, they lay an absolute egg. 12 points in the first half? Ridiculous.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
No shyt. How do you see that and think "I think that kid could make an impact at my power 5 program".
I knew CMW was done when he brought in MJ to run the point last year. Bad decision. Would rather Kowacie handle the point even with 10 turnovers a game!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We'll be lucky to make the NIT with that remaining schedule. I expect we'll one or two of those just by happenstance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.