Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Arkansas

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Almost went tonight. Glad I didn’t. This will mark two years in a row I’ve not seen a game in person, and probably 5 of the last 6. Incredible job they’ve done with a once great basketball program.
Should have told me. Next time Muss & Arky come to kick our ass at home, let me know. I’ll send you a Nevada hat for a signature.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And then............THUD!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Stricklin......time to warm up the old speech from last november?? I think it went like this.......

"The challenge has been we haven't been able to sustain it," Stricklin said. "You've got to put really good structure and culture in place in order to sustain a high level over a long period of time, and that's going forward what we've got to focus on."

You have the template ready, just time to pull the trigger.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Mike White UF Win Percentage approaching 50% during 7 seasons.
You've heard of the 7 year itch. MW delivers 7-years of itching for a new coach.

Remember when we hired young upstart MW, his Louisiana Tech teams were all run and gun?
Now we can't even score a single bucket for minutes at a time. Bait and Switch.
Time to fire. That is all.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
However, is "the Mike White effect" to make the Lady Gators' basketball look better.?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UCF basketball team would beat White's Gators. They are taller. They are 17-9 and developing better.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I missed the game because we had a dinner date with some neighbors.

Years ago I would have never allowed my wife to agree to a dinner on the same night as a gator basketball game and if for some reason it was unavoidable I would have been checking my phone every five minutes for an update.

In my new world with CMW, I didn’t bother to pushback when the date was set nor did I look at my phone a single time until I arrived home hours later.

So apathy is affecting even a diehard 40+ year fan but still no reason to make a coaching change I guess.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Remember when we hired young upstart MW, his Louisiana Tech teams were all run and gun?
Now we can't even score a single bucket for minutes at a time. Bait and Switch.
Time to fire. That is all.

The next Billy Donovan

giphy.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I missed the game because we had a dinner date with some neighbors.

Years ago I would have never allowed my wife to agree to a dinner on the same night as a gator basketball game and if for some reason it was unavoidable I would have been checking my phone every five minutes for an update.

In my new world with CMW, I didn’t bother to pushback when the date was set nor did I look at my phone a single time until I arrived home hours later.

So apathy is affecting even a diehard 40+ year fan but still no reason to make a coaching change I guess.

I wouldn’t even know when Any of these games were on if it wasn’t for people starting these threads on gatorchatter.

And I don’t think they’re gonna hire anybody who’s going to bring any sort of juice to the program

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator