Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Auburn

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Castleton has been MONEY all year averaging 15.7 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks per game. He had 19 points and 8 rebounds vs #2AU. Appleby a HUGE game with 26 points vs #2 AU, his 9th game in the last 10 scoring in double figures. Dawg shizzle boy Flem 3rd on the team averaging 10 points a game but its been his defense that has been STELLAR all season long. Just a HUGE team win but our guys just fought so hard like they have all year despite the lack of coaching.

Court-Stormer: Gators Stun No. 2 Auburn - Florida Gators

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I don't like Mike White, I dislike sweaty Bruce even more although he's a solid coach. How he still has a job in college basketball is beyond me. Eff him. I am really happy with the win.

Bruce Pearl is totally mainstream today.

What exactly is cheating now?

How is he different than Bill Self or John Calipari or the beloved Coach K?

I think Pearl is a scum bag but the business is full of them but the others have better PR people.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Bruce Pearl is totally mainstream today.

What exactly is cheating now?

How is he different than Bill Self or John Calipari or the beloved Coach K?

I think Pearl is a scum bag but the business is full of them but the others have better PR people.
Well, when you're actually CAUGHT... and then you're caught LYING ABOUT IT... TWICE in the span of a week or two... your character and integrity should be considered suspect for way longer than the 15 minutes it took for BSpn to hire him for his charisma.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mike White has proved he is an average Coach and recruiter. I guess that’s enough for some people. I think Fl. Needs to part ways.
All that being said it felt pretty freaking good to beat that Sweaty ba§tard.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I would take gross, sweaty Bruce Pearl over squeaky-clean, skinny-jean wearing Mike White any day of the week. BP is a real coach. Gets the croots, coaches em up, yells at the refs, inspires the fans, wins games. Upgrade.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Once again a game played poorly and luck resulting in a win. So many shots so far off, so many mistakes. We need a new coach. Simple.
But they damn sure can play defense . That’s great coaching . Should they have won by 12 probably, but they are what they are . You will see offer next year but not as hard playing on the other end

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
About the time you think Mike White is close to putting it together and pulls you in a little the Gators chit the bed. Get ready to change the sheets.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
But they damn sure can play defense . That’s great coaching . Should they have won by 12 probably, but they are what they are . You will see offer next year but not as hard playing on the other end

Did you just accuse mw of “great coaching?” You’re either drunk or haven’t been watching what his teams have done for the last 6 years. His first year was an anomaly, probably because Cheese was still our PG.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
About the time you think Mike White is close to putting it together and pulls you in a little the Gators chit the bed. Get ready to change the sheets.

Mike White, now there's one little sheet that definitely needs changing.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Noah Locke having quite the season for LVille. They are 2-10 in their last 12 games. His numbers have dropped considerably when he was supposed to have better coaching at LVille. Idk what has happened to him.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Not really, It was damn good D on Barn's last possession including the Dwag redeeming himself a little for the last loss. Now admittedly, letting them get to that point was ugly.
White called a timeout on a dunk, then they threw away the inbounds and gave Auburn a chance to win after being up 8 with 1:30 to go as well...ugly

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

While I agree they played good defense a team to be successful needs balance and ways to use their advantages consistently. Auburn is also not that great of a team based on their performance. They made several mostly unforced blunders. Now I generally don't blame the coach when players don't perform but after consistently not performing something needs to change if you want improvement. Thanks for the insight.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Florida fined $50,000. for fans rushing the court Sat.
Not sure we got our moneys worth on that one.

Another reason not to rush the court. is it that this team is so bad that the fans don't even have hope of winning so if they do a massive celebration is appropriate? I thought Gator fans were more rational than that.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is the Nevada coach available yet? they are 12-13 right now so he might be had cheap and will probably recruit and coach better than MW. @NVGator how do you think he will do here at UF?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Another reason not to rush the court. is it that this team is so bad that the fans don't even have hope of winning so if they do a massive celebration is appropriate? I thought Gator fans were more rational than that.
Just some Kids having fun, Spurrier himself wanted the fans to storm Fl Field , sometimes you gotta let loose.

PS : only problem I had is they half a$$ did it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb