Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Boston College

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Entertaining game!

Good to win in a convincing manner but still have a lot of room for development. Looks like we have the talent to be competitive with most teams when our shots are falling.

Traskman

Banned
BANNED
Nov 30, 2020
Hoping this game was more of what we can expect this season. They seem to have shaken the rust off after the first half against Army. Unfortunately, Mike White’s teams seem to do this every season where they blow a team out and we think they might be for real. For now, happy to be 2-0!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Nice win. Team played well and far more cohesive than the opener. Shot very well, moved the ball and attacked the basket. Defense was aggressive, kept their feet and boxed out effectively. Much better fundamentals tonight. I also liked the rotation with multiple players contributing.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's more like it. Mann has 6 assists and 1 turnover last night, which is great to see given we don't start a true point guard.

Castleton can move well, but not sure how he'll do against stronger low post players. He did have 2 blocks which was nice to see and disrupted a few more low post chances for BC.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As unimpressed as I was with the Army performance I was equally impressed with the BC performance

Lots of things to work on but I saw a lot more energy last night and I thought Appleby did his part to try and speed up the pace of the game

I am really surprised at how much Mann has improved in every aspect of his game. Now he’s starting to look like a McDonalds All American

I am also surprised at how good Castleton is already. Between he and Payne we may actually be able to protect the rim this year which has been missing since Egbunu graduated.

White has work to do figuring out rotations and such but he seems to have a lot to work with this year so there’s reason for optimism at this point

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
In my experience announcers are usually biased against UF, at least in football and men's basketball.
They quit talking about the game with about 7 minutes left and argued about a charging call. At the end they talked about BC and how good they were despite those early losses.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They quit talking about the game with about 7 minutes left and argued about a charging call. At the end they talked about BC and how good they were despite those early losses.

Agreed

During the last 7 minutes I kept thinking that Vitale was calling the game

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
In my experience announcers are usually biased against UF, at least in football and men's basketball.
I'm fine with that. Last time they were singing our praises and slobbering on our basketball team was when we had a 15 point second half lead on Duke, and everyone remembers how that ended and honestly we haven't really ever recovered from that loss. Or maybe we finally have? I really like this team so far.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And yet another top 10 team goes down. This time #4 Wisky loses at the buzzer to Marquette.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still. we look like individuals' doing their own thing. But they're doing that faster than the defense can catch up to. These Covid restrictions are perfect for a coach that shows neither enthusiasm or corrective shouting. Mask up coach. ... err love what I'm seeing :confused:

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Still. we look like individuals' doing their own thing. But they're doing that faster than the defense can catch up to. These Covid restrictions are perfect for a coach that shows neither enthusiasm or corrective shouting. Mask up coach. ... err love what I'm seeing :confused:

We’re running more of a dribble drive offense than the ball screen offense that we somewhat ran more recently. On dribble drive you’re looking to beat your defender for a good look, or draw a help defender and dish off to the open man.

It’s definitely still a work in progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.