Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Emory-Riddle

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when Dick Vitale was screaming, "home run hire for the Gators," during every broadcast in order to pump up MW. What a buffoon.

Vitale is part of the Duke power structure that hired CMW. All the talking heads (mostly Vitale and Jay Bilas) convinced Fooley that CMW was the guy.

Bilas was acting as a representative for Mike’s father Kevin the AD at Duke.

Don’t kid yourself, Fooley didn’t even bother to vet the guy he simply took advice from people with ulterior motives.

Fooley’s punishment was a bogus $400k job as AD Emeritus. I wonder if Bilas et al are paying part of CMW”s salary.

Even more so than football, I do not trust this administration to hire a good replacement so we might as well keep CMW.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Even more so than football, I do not trust this administration to hire a good replacement so we might as well keep CMW.
Got to admit that MW does bring in some good players. Has landed plenty of talent including numerous 5-stars and McDonald's All-Americans. Too bad he runs them off just as quickly and squanders his opportunities.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Weird that it took a group of guys, most of whom had never played together before, more than a half to gel:confused:

Of course the competition was crap, but this is a talented group. Most likely the most talented unranked team. The hope is they can win despite their coaching.

We demand perfection instantly :lol:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We demand perfection instantly :lol:
Yeah, I don't want to name names, but our resident thread keeper sounded like he had given up hope because we were up by 5 at half despite shooting like 30% from the field. Maybe just a little more patience was reasonable?

It does seem like we always feel hopeful early though, because despite what some folks have posted, unlike MuLLLLen, accruing talent has never been White's problem. Knowing what to do with it is where he fails.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Weird that it took a group of guys, most of whom had never played together before, more than a half to gel:confused:

Of course the competition was crap, but this is a talented group. Most likely the most talented unranked team. The hope is they can win despite their coaching.

Yeah, basketball is so different from these guys to those guys. It's what the transfer portal is based on, isn't it.?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah, basketball is so different from these guys to those guys. It's what the transfer portal is based on, isn't it.?
As I recall last year each team averaged like 4 players in the portal and there was close to 2000 players in there. It won’t be worth the announcement of “this player transferred from school A and this one from school B.” It will be easier to say which ones aren’t transfers.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As usual it looks like it's gonna be a team with pretty good defense and one that has trouble scoring for long stints. I do like how athletic the team looks though. I'm curious to see what our rotation ends up looking like in a few weeks because we had a lot of bodies out there yesterday.
I didn't watch the game but I've never been impressed with how we defend under Mike white. Dribbling the air out of the ball and shortening the game isn't good defense.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I didn't watch the game but I've never been impressed with how we defend under Mike white. Dribbling the air out of the ball and shortening the game isn't good defense.
Think about it though. Dribble the air out of the ball, and the other teams won't shoot very well. We'll be on equal playing field :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.