Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL***Florida vs FAMU

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not see any of the last 2 games and have only seen some of the Xavier and Clowns game. But my view is that they just lost to a D1 team from the Big 12 by 30 and just defeated a D8 team at home by 40. Something tells me the true identity of the team lies somewhere in between. I will not make any Final 4 reservations tho.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I turned it off for the last 10m, it wasn’t much of a game. It was FAMU (now 1-5), who lost their top 7 players from last year. And they were still draining plenty of 3s in the 60min I watched.

I’m still trying to figure out what we have. Bo ham (jr) can give us some min at pt guard but he wants to shoot more (3s) than anything else. And he hit a lot, which will only encourage him to do it more. If he can stay hot in tight games, or dish when he starts getting closed out on, great. Not seeing it yet.

Kawacie can have a hi ceiling, and castleton did great feeding his energy. The back door cuts can work all season, keep it up. Jitoboh is giving good min as a second big man, impressed with his rehab and return, but he isn’t part of the flow. He is a sr still scrapping to make things happen. We need that, but he should have grown to doing more by now (dammit WHITE!!).

Its obvious castleton is the heart, and hands, of the team. How he goes, we go. And he is still developing, balanced enough to do whatever is needed (but as we have seen this season, if it is scoring, he cannot do it alone).

Lofton is great, and we got to see what we look like (against a jv team) without him. But I’m looking to see us settle into roles, rotation, an identity both as players and as a team.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
40 points....be still my heart.

Deep Breath Yes GIF by ESPN

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hearing a rumor that Kowacie was suspended to start the season on account of his hairstyle last season. After reviewing tape from last year, Goldie, being from SanFran, had to do something about that crime against fashion.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Rowdy Reptiles sure have changed.
Fuchin public ivey.

Yes, All we have heard for a decade is “If they would put the camera on the rowdies instead of the old folks, the energy will come across on TV.”

Well we did it and the rowdies seem to be a lot like the old folks these days. The kids get program credit for attendance and they were half dead most of the game.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
1-8 FSU is taking Virginia all the way to the buzzer at Virginia. No one saw this coming lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb