Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs FAU

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
and the SOW is 0-3 .......lost to UCF 68-54....lost to Stetson 83-74 and then to Troy 79-72. I guess losing by less each game shows improvement. Sounds like a shtttt show in Tallacrappy on the hardwoood.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
He shot 11 of 25. Lousy. He ain't George Gervin.

Shooting 11/25 (44%) ain't great, I'll agree.

34/40 min played? Iron man.
1/3 on 3-pt shots? Meh...rather have him inside for a rebound, but I get he is trying to broaden his skill set for the next level.
7/7 FTs? Do better?
12 Rebounds (2O-10D)? Led all players. Props on the D, and I'll cut him some slack on O rebounds when our team is shooting like crap.
30 pts? Again, led everyone, and made a double-double (again, only Castleton and Davis from FAU did this)
5 Blocks? FAU had 3 total, we had 3 other guys get one each. He owned the paint.

So, yeah, BEAST mode.

Now, to more pertinent points...GTH. You GTH right now for yanking my chain two-fold in KNOWING I'd take you serious and have to respond to defend my point, AND for making me look up who the hell George Gervin is/was. Name rang a bell but I had to freaking look him up....and that's when your trolling struck home. And STILL, I had to respond because that's how I'm wired, like a cat chasing your laser pointer.
martina-hill-middle-finger.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since TLB didn't know or couldn't remember George 'Ice Man' Gervin, I'll post this for others if they're in the same boat:

Ox might be interested to know that his career 3-point % was below 30%. He had a couple of good years, but he wasn't really a 3-point shooter. He was deadly from 18' in, shooting 50% for his career, which is incredible for a G/F.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I guess I'll throw myself on the sword, but bad games happen in basketball. Is it the coaches fault? Partially, for sure. I didn't watch Golden's presser, but I doubt he threw the players under the bus. We actually played pretty well in stretches, but missed a lot of layups and then lost an 8 point lead in the 2nd half, after I step away for a few minutes, and come back to us losing, apparently thanks to Lane and Jones. WTF!?
FAU shot 54% from 3, open shots or not, that's lights out. We shot 47% from 3 and that's PFG. They just shot more 3's than us. Our downfall were the many close baskets that didn't drop and defensive lapses on the perimeter, both fixable. Golden Boy's here for a little while, so might as well give him a chance before we declare him MW Jr. Who knows, maybe we'll beat the SOW on Friday.
:bart:

The real question is whether or not Golden will be here longer than Mark Long.
America wants to know

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
The real question is whether or not Golden will be here longer than Mark Long.
America wants to know

Jaysus! One two point loss early to a team that shot 54+ % threes, give me a break. More of the burn the house down while the foundation is being built crowd. Find another team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Finally saw a game. They smothered our offense except for CC. Their guards destroyed us on offense and def. Their switching on screens was like a total mystery for us. Their 3pt shooting killed us and you could see how confident they were on the court. Like some have said we are a new team trying to come together. We have good parts but aint no chemistry yet. But I guess its a great opportunity to see who can come up with the worst invective for new guy.
I'm glad you posted on this topic. How do you like "golden showers "?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
.and that's when your trolling struck home. And STILL, I had to respond because that's how I'm wired, like a cat chasing your laser pointer.
I took the bait a few years and then realized what was going on...........you gotta give him credit for the creativity...........great post ,tlb

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it reveals more about the creator of that name than our new coach........
Whew... thank goodness it wasn't me that gave him that name. On a serious note, I think we're going see alot more mid major upsets with the transfer portal going like crazy. There's just so much crossover now. We have a handful of guys that were playing in those leagues last year and these teams like fau are getting the high major kids that didn't do much as freshman on power5 teams.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Jaysus! One two point loss early to a team that shot 54+ % threes, give me a break. More of the burn the house down while the foundation is being built crowd. Find another team.
We played pretty poorly against Kennesaw St too, and despite playing what should be totally overmatched opponents, haven't won a half since the first half of KSt. That's 3 halves in a row of serious underperformance, and it's not like we lit it up in the first half of that KSt game. People were predicting a 30 point win, we scraped out a win in the second half.

There's cause for concern but obviously it's very early. A loss to the Nulls giving them their first win will definitely zap whatever little enthusiasm we had going into the TG era. Obviously they are going to get a win eventually, and unfortunately it's pretty likely against us tomorrow considering it's on the road and they are desperate while we are floundering a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.