Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs FAU

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Defense is TG’s calling card. Let’s see the progress he makes. I’m expecting drastic improvement
I think they will. Might take time like football for them to buy in and start playing to expectations. Fudge and Lane were superstar defenders last year and look so bad and lazy this year

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody else sick of our main sports losing or is it just me?

Guess I need to start watching Women’s Lacrosse to find a winner

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sucking peckers is TG’s calling card. Let’s see the progress he makes. I’m expecting drastic improvement
FIFY.

I stand corrected, the cocksuckers highest finish in the mid major conference with the one vastly overrated program that dominates it every year was 4th.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At the Evil Nole Friday, who already has lost to UCF and Stetson. We’ll lose by 20+.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This young flyboy couldn’t win the ****ing West Coast Conference. He ain’t winning **** here. Every team has portal issues, you deal with it. This ****** cocksucker couldn’t win in a church league.
The funniest thing about this post is the forum software asterisks out the word before it, but doesn’t censor cocksucker? Lol.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I watched the game, and I came away with a lot of respect for FAU. Yeah, it's F-A-freaking-U but they are well above the par for low grade Florida teams we normally schedule at this early point of the season. I expect they are going to turn a few heads and get a lot of fins if they maintain that intensity, and that insane 3pt % (not a player, THE TEAM). Respect.

On our side, we are piecing together a portal team. Castleton proved he is a BEAST, and will be counted on throughout the season. Lofton was a good add, to provide experienced ball control. The others...leftovers or imported from elsewhere, they still need to figure some things out. So does the coach, as there was no adjustment to the 3pt screens. Ever. Coach did adjust second half to the 2-man game of Lofton-Castleton, and while it works, it wasn't enough in this game and won't be in others. He essentially left 3 defenders and relied on the 2-man game, and those boys gave all they had...the others just took up space and hoped for rebounds. Kowacie came on strong, but too late, needs to be hot from the opening tip. Richard did well closing out the game - fighting for rebounds and feeding others instead of trying to do it himself. Bah, reminds me of the opening 8min = too many players driving 1 on 3-4 and missing, like they thought they were playing against air..nope, sorry, other team showed up today. Too wild through the opening of the game, too limited (2-man) down the stretch. We need more TEAM play on both ends. This is to say there is room to grow, to coach and learn. I'd expect that 3 games into the season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This young flyboy couldn’t win the ****ing West Coast Conference. He ain’t winning **** here. Every team has portal issues, you deal with it. This ****** cocksucker couldn’t win in a church league.
Your are 100% correct. Golden shower is Jewish, so as member of the tribe he would not be allowed in the church league. :lmao2:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Finally saw a game. They smothered our offense except for CC. Their guards destroyed us on offense and def. Their switching on screens was like a total mystery for us. Their 3pt shooting killed us and you could see how confident they were on the court. Like some have said we are a new team trying to come together. We have good parts but aint no chemistry yet. But I guess its a great opportunity to see who can come up with the worst invective for new guy.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
So the honeymoon period ended sooner than expected. While the transition defense was horrendous give FAU some kudos as they made 13 3's. Good news is that this is easily corrected. We will see soon see which players will take to the coaching or placed on the pine for good.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Fail Long Jump GIF

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honeymoon, over!

LOL

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I guess I'll throw myself on the sword, but bad games happen in basketball. Is it the coaches fault? Partially, for sure. I didn't watch Golden's presser, but I doubt he threw the players under the bus. We actually played pretty well in stretches, but missed a lot of layups and then lost an 8 point lead in the 2nd half, after I step away for a few minutes, and come back to us losing, apparently thanks to Lane and Jones. WTF!?
FAU shot 54% from 3, open shots or not, that's lights out. We shot 47% from 3 and that's PFG. They just shot more 3's than us. Our downfall were the many close baskets that didn't drop and defensive lapses on the perimeter, both fixable. Golden Boy's here for a little while, so might as well give him a chance before we declare him MW Jr. Who knows, maybe we'll beat the SOW on Friday.
:bart:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I guess I'll throw myself on the sword, but bad games happen in basketball. Is it the coaches fault? Partially, for sure. I didn't watch Golden's presser, but I doubt he threw the players under the bus. We actually played pretty well in stretches, but missed a lot of layups and then lost an 8 point lead in the 2nd half, after I step away for a few minutes, and come back to us losing, apparently thanks to Lane and Jones. WTF!?
FAU shot 54% from 3, open shots or not, that's lights out. We shot 47% from 3 and that's PFG. They just shot more 3's than us. Our downfall were the many close baskets that didn't drop and defensive lapses on the perimeter, both fixable. Golden Boy's here for a little while, so might as well give him a chance before we declare him MW Jr. Who knows, maybe we'll beat the SOW on Friday.
:bart:
Golden Showers presser specifically said he called a great game and the players couldn’t hit a layup to the ocean. He totally said Lane and Jones were a liability. Completely unprofessional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.