***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Gardner-Webb

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Very stoked (although we're un-Stoked) on this year's BBall team. However Chiozza wasn't a star last year (regardless his flying buzzer shot). He got stuffed a lot on foolish drives toward the basket.Has he improved so much and do we have a competent sub for PG - not K.Allen 'cause that drops his scoring by 10 ppg.??
Go Gators - I'm looking for rebounds, blocked shots, and multiple Gators draining 3pt shots in high %. It should be fun for our guys and us spectators. = White's New Era.
We are all good with PG in Allen's hands. Okauru showed some promise in the last exhibition game as well

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Chiozza coming off bench tonigh

3 Things to watch:

Hudson's defense
Chiozza's health
Team rebounding

Good list, I would add:

How does Stone look, ie is he completely over his illness problem last year.
Is Bassett as good as he looked in the exhibition.
Is Gak good to go on that knee

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope everybody's faith in Chiozza pans out. Maybe he can be a high-plus in assists, but defenders can drop back on Chiozza to defend sort-of inside then jump up & out on Chiozza's shot and still tip it. IDK but we'll see tonight. How accurate is Chiozza on 3s?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I hope everybody's faith in Chiozza pans out. Maybe he can be a high-plus in assissts, but defenders can drop back on Chiozza fo defend sort-of inside then jump up & out on Chiozza's shot and still tip it. IDK but we'll see tonight.

I share some of your worries about Chiozza. Some of my hope is that without Hill around we will see less Hill like bad plays out of Chiozza.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Chiozza hurt his hand? So, maybe tonight it won't be fair to expect his best? My hope is that Gak shows really well tonight and 3-Gor.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 8-6 at the under 16 timeout. Really is an substitutions right now. Now flow allowed from White. At least 2 subs a min right now lol

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida up 18-14 at the under 12 timeout. Getting into more of a groove and starting to make shots. Stone played 3 min and got 2 fouls. Johnson hasn't played at all yet. Not very good reb and defense with 4 guards

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida up 28-19 at the under 8 timeout. Johnson finally comes in and gets a block and mid range jumper

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida up 42-26 at the under 4 timeout. 3Gor went off from the arc. Problem seems to be interior defense all game so far. 3Gor not a great PF and Stone got in foul trouble

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Basketball may score more this game than football scored all year.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 55-32 at the half. 3Gor has 23 pts. Florida is 10-22 for 3pters at the half. Great offensively not so reb and on D. Really hurt by the small lineup for us and them

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.