Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs LSU

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
There is no discipline on this team. Ball handling is atrocious; free throws are even worse and missing layups is almost inexcusable. These guys look like they should be stars, but their appearance underlies their shortcomings. If the players want to look the part, they will need to play like stars they are trying to emulate; otherwise, get back to the game and stop styling on each other.

Gator fans are a resilient group, but,these guys seem to be doing everything possible to lose their fans. Someone needs to tell Coach White this is a game that starts with discipline; it is not an after-thought!.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Curious if any Boos were thrown at Fleming? Anything?

Nothing from the woke rowdies. They were probably instructed not to respond or they would lose the points they earned for attending the game. Yeah that’s right, the university has to incentivize the students to attend basketball games because we’re so pathetic.

Worse yet, at some point during the game Jimmy Dykes and the other clown announcer completely misrepresented what Fleming did so as to make the gator nation look bad. I shouldn’t be surprised that ESPN/Disney/China lied.

On a positive note I do sense that even more of the delusional gator basketball fans are finally turning on CMW.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is no discipline on this team. Ball handling is atrocious; free throws are even worse and missing layups is almost inexcusable. These guys look like they should be stars, but their appearance underlies their shortcomings. If the players want to look the part, they will need to play like stars they are trying to emulate; otherwise, get back to the game and stop styling on each other.

Gator fans are a resilient group, but,these guys seem to be doing everything possible to lose their fans. Someone needs to tell Coach White this is a game that starts with discipline; it is not an after-thought!.

It’s way too late for CMW to impact this team.

I’m sorry I can’t use the word team to describe these guys. They represent none of the attributes of a team so I will rephrase.

It’s way too late for CMW to impact this group of selfish, overrated, undisciplined, delusional imposters that seem to believe that they have a basketball future somewhere other than Bangladesh.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at the box score again, I noticed we only had 10 fouls all game. That speaks to lack of effort, on both ends of the floor. LSU had 21.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody is developing them in practice after practice. Mike White does not believe in his own effectiveness as a coach. Doesn't know what to do.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We all see it,.. been seeing it. And he won't be able to hide because, at least for now, the FB program looks positive. The change would have to be drastic. Not impossible, but highly unlikely at this point. He's definitely employable but he just needs to move on somewhere else.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Looking at the box score again, I noticed we only had 10 fouls all game. That speaks to lack of effort, on both ends of the floor. LSU had 21.
It was more the refs calling the game in favor of the home team in my opinion. We usually get screwed by the refs, but this was a game where no Gator fan would complain about the officiating and anyone being honest would say we got the favorable calls all night. That we still lost, mostly because godawful FT shooting is what made it such a terrible loss.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was more the refs calling the game in favor of the home team in my opinion. We usually get screwed by the refs, but this was a game where no Gator fan would complain about the officiating and anyone being honest would say we got the favorable calls all night. That we still lost, mostly because godawful FT shooting is what made it such a terrible loss.

Exactly

This game was a classic example of the homer refs in the SEC. They helped us as much as they could but we still didn’t take advantage.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen won enough to keep his job until he wasn't winning and then Strick made a change. With our 0-3 start and the way the SEC is looking strong, it looks like we may end up 4-14 in conference so Strick will have no choice but to cut ties with MW too. Can really see it happening and have a feeling that it will happen just like it did with Mullen.
So you give strick credit for firing a guy who was 2-2 against Kentucky, 2 losses to an lsu team with a losing record, once with a 50% roster and the other time with a fired coach, losses to losing record mizzo and SC, and an overall 2-6 record in conference play in 2021, only finishing above Vanderbilt? You're giving him credit for making the hard call? GTFOH.

He was told by the powers that be that mullen is done and to make it happen or he'll be next. He was reminded that he hired this bum and his disastrous group of staffers who no one wanted or was excited about in the beginning so hes already on a short leash and he better get it right the 2nd time. Apparently you need reminding of that fact too. The only thing strick9 gets credit for is further deepening the hole we had already dug. The fact that he's cleaning up a mess makes zero difference to me considering he was one of the ones that made it.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Exactly

This game was a classic example of the homer refs in the SEC. They helped us as much as they could but we still didn’t take advantage.
Don't forget that LSU was without their point guard and two starting forwards fouled out early. We still lost. We are lost. Mike White is finished. Now it's just a matter of how much longer he lingers. And how much more fan apathy sets in...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you give strick credit for firing a guy who was 2-2 against Kentucky, 2 losses to an lsu team with a losing record, once with a 50% roster and the other time with a fired coach, losses to losing record mizzo and SC, and an overall 2-6 record in conference play in 2021, only finishing above Vanderbilt? You're giving him credit for making the hard call? GTFOH.

He was told by the powers that be that mullen is done and to make it happen or he'll be next. He was reminded that he hired this bum and his disastrous group of staffers who no one wanted or was excited about in the beginning so hes already on a short leash and he better get it right the 2nd time. Apparently you need reminding of that fact too. The only thing strick9 gets credit for is further deepening the hole we had already dug. The fact that he's cleaning up a mess makes zero difference to me considering he was one of the ones that made it.

I agree completely

Scottie took action only after being forced to by others and the fact that the results could no longer be rationalized.

CMW is at the same spot and Scottie will get no credit from me if he finally fires a coach that he should have fired at least one year ago but instead chose to extend.

So just like Mullen, our panty waisted AD has extended a coach that should have been fired.
Scottie is at the point where he has to make the change now.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget that LSU was without their point guard and two starting forwards fouled out early. We still lost. We are lost. Mike White is finished. Now it's just a matter of how much longer he lingers. And how much more fan apathy sets in...

It's high time Stricklin stepped up and sent White & his players grief counselors.
Mullen & White should have a type of player PTSD named after them.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t watch the game. How the hell did their best player could out of the game in the first 7 minutes?

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I didn’t watch the game. How the hell did their best player could out of the game in the first 7 minutes?

He played 7 minutes total...assuming you are referring to Eason, he fouled out with 14 minutes left.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
We have nobody besides CC....that's what it comes down to....our starting guards are nonexistent...if they score 10-12 points in a game combined, that's a good night. I can't recall the last time I saw Appleby make a bucket

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We have nobody besides CC....that's what it comes down to....our starting guards are nonexistent...if they score 10-12 points in a game combined, that's a good night. I can't recall the last time I saw Appleby make a bucket

This is what it comes down to: guard play. Appleby, McKissic and Jones have been AWFUL for the last handful of games. If Appleby doesn’t figure it out, this team has a chance of missing the NIT.

Our big (Colin) and wings bring it pretty consistently between Duruji, Felder and Fleming (although Fleming is inconsistent), but our guard play is worst I’ve ever seen it at UF. It’s so bad I don’t see how Jones plays more than 10 minutes a game and McKissic 15.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Worse yet is that a few of those awful guards seem to think that they are the best players on the team so they continue to take bad shot after bad shot with no ramifications.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is what it comes down to: guard play. Appleby, McKissic and Jones have been AWFUL for the last handful of games. If Appleby doesn’t figure it out, this team has a chance of missing the NIT.

Our big (Colin) and wings bring it pretty consistently between Duruji, Felder and Fleming (although Fleming is inconsistent), but our guard play is worst I’ve ever seen it at UF. It’s so bad I don’t see how Jones plays more than 10 minutes a game and McKissic 15.

Worst guard play ever?

Nabe Palmer, Tony Rogers, and Rob Harden disagree.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just what about this team shows that there is evidence of coherent coaching here.? Years of wrong coaching philosophy, of wrong player expectation.?? Coach not accountable = players not accountable.
Scoring isn't countable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator