Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Ohio St

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When other portal kids see this its even gonna get better. You take kids that know wtf its all about and they are not diaper dandies thinking their shttt dont stink and UF is just a stop off to millions in the nba its much easier to coach them. The chemistry of this team is great. They probably need another skilled banger/body but its pretty good as it is. Seems to me they have each other's back. That speaks volumes.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I see what you guys are doing. You want me to believe things have changed. You want to give me hope. This time, Mike White has figured things out. He is becoming a good coach. This season is for real. We won't collapse like all the other times. It isn't going to happen. Where's my Hope Defense Kit?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see what you guys are doing. You want me to believe things have changed. You want to give me hope. This time, Mike White has figured things out. He is becoming a good coach. This season is for real. We won't collapse like all the other times. It isn't going to happen. Where's my Hope Defense Kit?

I’m not saying anything like that because just like our former football coach, mediocre coaches are slow to adapt and we haven’t seen enough to suggest that CMW has had a catharsis.

I am merely noting that the veteran makeup of this team may be able to overcome the limitations of their coach since some other coaches already took care of that complicated development thing prior to arrival.

Not only are these veterans, they are players from minor programs that didn’t offer postseason opportunity so these guys understand the opportunity in front of them.The makeup of this team may provide a perfect storm that CMW can’t screw up.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So I only caught the end of the game. As I peeked at this thread, I just couldn't watch... then they came inching back. Tuned in to see the charging foul get called blocking on Fleming (even after a freaking review). If that's typical of all the other calls y'all were screaming about, I have to wonder who was more upset with the loss - osu? Or the refs? Cheating bastards got the facial they deserved.

After all the struggles with poor shooting and retarded refs, glad to see the good guys show grit and composure to stay in the game. I hope they improve chemistry as the SEC Tourney approaches. They haven't played together for long, so I hope that leaves room for major improvement. Or maybe mw is just teasing me again...

Go Gators!!!
I'll let it go this time, but next time watch the whole damn game. It was entertaining plus you didn't really earn the ending lol.

Every team we play this year is going to bich about the refs because odds are they are going to have more foul trouble simply based on our style of play which is smothering defense, lots of steals and blocks, and aggressive driving and inside play. This is a very entertaining team and starting to get noticed nationally. I think they are going to be a very good shooting team as well with most of the starters capable of shooting close to 40% outside the arch.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I’m not saying anything like that because just like our former football coach, mediocre coaches are slow to adapt and we haven’t seen enough to suggest that CMW has had a catharsis.

I am merely noting that the veteran makeup of this team may be able to overcome the limitations of their coach since some other coaches already took care of that complicated development thing prior to arrival.

Not only are these veterans, they are players from minor programs that didn’t offer postseason opportunity so these guys understand the opportunity in front of them.The makeup of this team may provide a perfect storm that CMW can’t screw up.
However the 3 most improved look like our 3 returning veterans which hasn't been typical for White coached players. The chemistry of this team looks very good and its very surprising how quickly they are gelling together. The ceiling is very high for these guys. I wish we had one more big though because Jit isn't really capable of giving meaningful minutes so when Castleton is on the bench we have no choice but to play small. And if Colin were to get an injury we would be screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator