Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Vanderbilt

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins! Advances to play Tennessee tomorrow at the same time. Mann with 22 pts, 7 reb, 6 assists. White saved the game calling a timeout to prevent a late game tomorrow by Appleby. Appleby ices it at the end with FTs

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow what a comeback and WIN! Gators toughened up down the stretch and Mann balled out to carry this team to a HUGE win in March. Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tre Mann the player of the game with 22 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists. He was TOUGH as always like all year long. Credit to him for focusing on this year to improve so much and also the coaches for coaching him up and making him the focal point of the team once KJ went down. Locke on the money with big 13 points. Appleby huge once again with 12 points and 4 assists and only 1 turnover. Duriji steady with 8 points and 6 rebounds. Castleton MUGGED all day long but still had 6 points, 8 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. Huge win for our Gators and kudos to MW for keeping this team together in the 2nd half when we could have wilted. Very timely timeouts to halt Vandy runs and our offense run to perfection by Mann and Appleby as the Gators finish with 15 assists and only 12 turnovers when we have been averaging 18 a game. Huge clutch hard fought tough win by these guys on a day where UK finishes their season at 8-16 and one and done Cal in the dumper.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Mann and Appleby 10 assists and just 3 turnovers. Mann is our leader....22/7/6. Nice stat line. He has continued to improve after a challenging start as a freshman. Hard work pays off.

Castleton had 8 rebounds but had a rather rough game. Locke hot and cold which has become typical....but his end to the 1st half was critical. Durugi can be all over the place but damn he brings energy and effort. Lewis didn’t do a lot but I did like the 4 rebounds in limited minutes.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Winning a game where your team plays poorly is a good thing, as long as every win isn’t in a poorly played game. The verdict is still out on that second part, as the past 6-7 games have been anything but well-played.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This wasn't a pretty win but it was a huge win simply because it moved us off the bubble and punched our ticket to the big dance in all likelihood. We are in as a 9 seed most likely now. Advancing in the SECT could move us up a spot or 2. If we could get to the 7 seed that would allow us to avoid a second round game against a one assuming we don't lose in the first round.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Per-minute played Payne is Gator's leading rebounder.

Not today. Castleton had one every 3.6 minutes. Payne one every 5 minutes.

Castleton had a tough game. Struggled at times but did get some key rebounds down the stretch. They played him very physical.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Scotty Pepin Jr goes pro. I'm sick and tired of the announcers gushing every time he takes a step.

It’s been awhile since I have heard such over the top slurping.
Apparently dribbling is an amazing skill if your dad played in the NBA .

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It’s been awhile since I have heard such over the top slurping.
Apparently dribbling is an amazing skill if your dad played in the NBA .

I mean he was 6-19 (1-7 from 3) with 4 turnovers. If he didn’t get fouled every time someone breathed near him he wouldn’t have near 23 points. Not impressed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not today. Castleton had one every 3.6 minutes. Payne one every 5 minutes.

Castleton had a tough game. Struggled at times but did get some key rebounds down the stretch. They played him very physical.

This one game! It's more conclusive looking at the season, which was the basis of my statement. Gator fans are pouring wet concrete on every thing Payne does. People are using Payne's slam-dunks as negatives = proofs he's not worthwhile as a "real" player. A % of his slams are offensive rebound putbacks that would have gone to the opponent's possession. His shot-blocking-likelihood tampers with opposing scorers' efforts & plans.?? They certainly do not ignore his hands way up there.

Correcting Duruji's unfluid shooting, Applebee's TO's, Osifo's poor shooter's touch, payne's "brain-fog", Ruskiev's innacuracy, etc =all what we have to look forward to that will make us a much, much better team. Be real nice is tgose guys could have a 15% upswing in this tournament time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator