***Official Game Thread: Corndwags destroy Dabos; 98MD in shambles; 78 swallows Burrow whole***

What will be the result of the NCG?

• LSU by 1-9

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • LSU by 10+

Votes: 103 62.8%
  • Clemson by 1-9

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Clemson by 10+

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
No doubt Clemson has recruited better than Florida. But Florida played LSU at least as well, without our two best d linemen.

The only logical conclusion is Grantham > Venables.
Um no. ;)

Actually it's nice to watch a sport with two good guy coaches and pretty much two good guys teams. LSU just had the greatest single-season team I can ever remember with their resume there's no doubt about that and their quarterback Joe burrow just had the greatest single-season any quarterback has ever had in college football. To them I say congratulations. Clemson will be back partly because they're in the weakling ACC and never have to play anybody until the playoffs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Couple takeaways from last night.

1) As physical of a college game as you’re ever going to see. Guys being laid out seemingly every other play.

2) Clemson had the right idea for stopping Burrow, running disguised blitzes and esp #47 up the middle. He was a disrupter until he got ejected.

3) Still didn’t stop Burrow, who beat Clemson with his legs and quick feet as well as his arm. Does the guy throw a beautiful, catchable deep ball or what? Those tight spirals reminded me of Leak.

4) I’m not sure this morning that LSU’s offensive success is as attributable to Brady as it is having a generational talent behind center. They’re going to return to mortal next year regardless how smart Brady appears.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018

4) I’m not sure this morning that LSU’s offensive success is as attributable to Brady as it is having a generational talent behind center. They’re going to return to mortal next year regardless how smart Brady appears.
when did burrow become a generational talent? Was he a generational talent last year? I think this season was one of the all time greats by him, but I'm not completely sold on him. I definitely agree lsu comes back to earth next season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
when did burrow become a generational talent? Was he a generational talent last year? I think this season was one of the all time greats by him, but I'm not completely sold on him. I definitely agree lsu comes back to earth next season.

You’re not sold on Burrow but you are sold on the idea of LSU coming back to earth in his absence. That strikes me as an endorsement for him, no?

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

Burrow had a high completion percentage in high school and was accurate. He underachieved last year due to the scheme. Joe Brady fixed that. The scheme can't suddenly make a mediocre QB elite. It can definitely make an elite QB look mediocre though.

Have you watched LSU this year at all? He was throwing dimes left and right multiple times every quarter. Each throw could have been a highlight. Whether we like it or not, he will go down as one of, if not the best college football QBs of all time.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
You’re not sold on Burrow but you are sold on the idea of LSU coming back to earth in his absence. That strikes me as an endorsement for him, no?
Definitely an endorsement on this season for sure. But this "generational talent" couldn't start at osu, got shut down by Grantham last year? The stars aligned for burrow this year...hes good. Will he continue to be the guy we saw this year? Or is it more likely he is the guy from 2018?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Auburn played them better on defense and worse on offense...we kept up with them until Trask turned mortal...the fact is the y beat everyone and we can’t bitch about our season...the other thing I noticed is LSU got away without holing penalties on the Oline than all the teams in the NCAA

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Burrow had a high completion percentage in high school and was accurate. He underachieved last year due to the scheme. Joe Brady fixed that. The scheme can't suddenly make a mediocre QB elite. It can definitely make an elite QB look mediocre though.

Have you watched LSU this year at all? He was throwing dimes left and right multiple times every quarter. Each throw could have been a highlight. Whether we like it or not, he will go down as one of, if not the best college football QBs of all time.
I assume you didn't read my post.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LSU’s receivers are talented, they run good routes. Did we see anything last night with the playcalling that looked ... innovative? Slants, fades, plain vanilla deep balls, the quarterback throwing on the run. Not in my mind.

It’s a solid offense, well suited to a guy with Burrow’s talents, but I came away thinking Brady is getting too much credit for their success.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not really sure what happened to 78. He used to be pretty logical, but he has regressed to teenage girl "It's all about the QB" even when the QB was a third stringer playing Meyerball at Suckeye State and was less than Franks running Ensingminger LSU ball last year.

I suspect a stroke or something. He probably eats pureed foods these days.

Brady is going to be winning games for a long time. I'd love to get him after next year.

Burro, a flash in the pan. Very capable of throwing the ball down the field but let's face it, he played a bunch of defenses that haven't seen the forward pass since 2001.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LSU’s receivers are talented, they run good routes. Did we see anything last night with the playcalling that looked ... innovative? Slants, fades, plain vanilla deep balls, the quarterback throwing on the run. Not in my mind.
It's not really innovative except that the fvkking playcaller didn't feel the need to waste first and second down every play running power ball or option like every other team in the SEC and most in college football.

SOS ran a very simple playbook, too. Nothing innovative.

But his goal was to score points not to run the clock and get to 3rd and 5 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb