***Official Game Thread: Corndwags destroy Dabos; 98MD in shambles; 78 swallows Burrow whole***

What will be the result of the NCG?

• LSU by 1-9

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • LSU by 10+

Votes: 103 62.8%
  • Clemson by 1-9

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Clemson by 10+

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
LSU has been spotty on defense all season, esp against the pass. I see no reason to believe that’s going to change now.

Fair point, but those great Clemson D stats are padded from a year of playing against ACC opposition. I believe pOSU threw for over 300 last night. I expect Burrow to have that much by halftime. It might be close in the first quarter, but I think LSU runs away with it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
LSU has been spotty on defense all season, esp against the pass. I see no reason to believe that’s going to change now.
@ltraz explains it better but LSU’s defensive regression had a lot to do with how they practiced. Aranda had a month to prepare for Oklahoma and it showed. No doubt we see the same thing against Clemson.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FTR, I’m picking LSU. I’m just not convinced it’s going to be a rout. Regardless where Clemson plays it’s games, they prove year in and year out they can hang with anyone. They’re talented on both sides of the ball, experienced and afraid of no one.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Better have great DBs and a serious pass rush to beat this LSU team right now. Haven’t watched Climpson much this year, but they’d love to have back some of the DL they’ve lost in last couple of years.

The personal tragedy for the LSU OC may have some impact, too.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tater and John Swofford will get to the officiating crew like they did last night.

Not a fan of the FEMA teet-suckers in that ****hole state, but I hope they stomp a mudhole in the chest of that effeminate QB and his Bowden-esque HC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The personal tragedy for the LSU OC may have some impact, too.
He isn't really the OC though. They could absolutely run without him for sure. He is just extra eyes in the box.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
LSU put it all together this year. Might as well win it and hopefully get back to being them.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
You guys aren’t accounting for clemsons secret weapon. The dabo effect. That dude to Gardner’s chagrin can motivate with the best of them.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
75d9d4abbb4ff8.gif

I didn’t say that

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
You guys aren’t accounting for clemsons secret weapon. The dabo effect. That dude to Gardner’s chagrin can motivate with the best of them.

The way Dabo was talking last night God is a tiger fan and personally anointed Dabo as the Saint of Football

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Clemson will put up a good fight, but LSU will be too much for them. Clemson's offense has only faced one top 25 defense all year, which was last night. Meanwhile, LSU's offense faced 4 top 20 defenses and averaged 37 points in those games. Clemson also was held below 30 points in three games this year compared to LSU scoring less than 30 only once.

Defensively, Clemson as only played 2 offenses in the top 35 compared to 5 for LSU. So while Clemson has a very good defense, their stats are helped by an easier schedule. Also, LSU is statistically the second best defense Clemson will face this year.

I think Clemson's defense is good enough to keep the game within 10 points, but LSU's defense will make enough stops to keep the game out of reach. I'm thinking LSU wins 37-27 with Clemson playing from behind most the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was expecting to hear the TEs. Feverin.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see anyone keeping up with LSU. Too much firepower and they seem destined to win this thing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LSU is having fun ... and scoring more is their joy. Will Orgeron get COY award?
Thinking NFL draft, will Burrows be the first pick? He is certainly going to be a deserved multi-millionaire.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
@ltraz explains it better but LSU’s defensive regression had a lot to do with how they practiced. Aranda had a month to prepare for Oklahoma and it showed. No doubt we see the same thing against Clemson.
does that mean lsu wasnt practicing as much on offense the last few weeks?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since nobody who gets paid to do so has figured out a way to stop Burrow, I’ll ask our resident experts.

How? Run people at him from every direction? Drop six back and wait him out, hoping the big bodies can contain him in the pocket?

Or do a mixture of both with a lot of disguised blitzes?

You don’t have much time to stop him. They don’t throw a lot of deep stuff and he gets rid of the ball in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.