***Official Game Thread: Corndwags destroy Dabos; 98MD in shambles; 78 swallows Burrow whole***

What will be the result of the NCG?

• LSU by 1-9

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • LSU by 10+

Votes: 103 62.8%
  • Clemson by 1-9

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Clemson by 10+

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Still trying to wrap my head around Ogre being 14-0 and having one of the most aggressive offenses in the country.

Everyone was convinced that Lsu would be no real threat with him as coach. Wasn't he Lsu's 3rd choice behind Jimbo and Herman? Got to admit, I was happy the day Lsu made him head coach, didn't think they'd be much above average with him leading.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My goal was achieved the other night. pOSU was eliminated. Fine with either one winning. Don't think I'll be on the SEC rah-rah train for this one. Could be and Orgeron thing.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am thinking LSU should win by 13 even though they come in over confident and a little sloppy. The game is more of a defensive battle.

The difference is where LSU makes Clemson pay gambling on defense.

Otherwise Clemson performs a little better overall.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Are they gonna finally settle who plays in the real Death Valley? I would love a home and home with Clemson...that would be awesome but apparently they’re filled up til 2032 for home and homes according to their AD

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Lot of drunks in here thinking Clemson, the defending freaking champs, have no chance. Please. They have as much (or more) talent and have a QB damn near as good - just uglier.

They also have a superior head coach.

They definitely have a chance. My gut tells me Clemson loses by a bunch... but my gut told me that last year. Turns out my gut isn’t all that bright after all.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Burrows can’t do this.
Who's she?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If LSU does not lay an egg they should have this. If so...N.O. will come unglued tonight. The area has been hyping this game for a over a week.

But it's why I love College Football and dislike most "Talking Heads" and our own Resident DONK...They usually turn out to be SHYT prognosticators. Remember UF vs "The" Ohio State?

We watch because we really don't know....Yeah Donky...You don't really know :bart:(Thank God)

My advice to all who plan to watch (in CO and the Emerald Coast)...Have a corn dog, sit on your "Dumpy" recliners, and enjoy because it's the last (College FB) :exactly:until Spring...And then it's the dreaded Summer.:cry2:

For me...I'll exchange CFB for the Democratic Primary and National Convention:lies::lies2:...Talk about "Corn Dog" Season!!!

It'll be hUGE:deadhorse:

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If LSU does not lay an egg they should have this. If so...N.O. will come unglued tonight. The area has been hyping this game for a over a week.

But it's why I love College Football and dislike most "Talking Heads" and our own Resident DONK...They usually turn out to be SHYT prognosticators. Remember UF vs "The" Ohio State?

We watch because we really don't know....Yeah Donky...You don't really know :bart:(Thank God)

My advice to all who plan to watch (in CO and the Emerald Coast)...Have a corn dog sit on your "Dumpy" recliners and enjoy because it's the last (College FB) :exactly:until Spring...And then it's the dreaded Summer.:cry2:

For me...I'll exchange CFB for the Democratic Primary and National Convention:lies::lies2:...Talk about "Corn Dog" Season!!!

It'll be hUGE:deadhorse:
I am starting to think LSU is thinking they have this in the bag. At least some of my friends are a little cocky. I hope the team is not. I am expecting them to be hungry and wanting to prove they can beat them.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I am starting to think LSU is thinking they have this in the bag. At least some of my friends are a little cocky. I hope the team is not. I am expecting them to be hungry and wanting to prove they can beat them.

You NEVER know...It's why they play the game.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Are they gonna finally settle who plays in the real Death Valley? I would love a home and home with Clemson...that would be awesome but apparently they’re filled up til 2032 for home and homes according to their AD
Just my two cents based on memory (always somewhat suspect). LSU's Tiger Stadium was originally deemed "Deaf" Valley, not Death, due to the crowd noise. Clemson can rightfully claim Death Valley because that part of SC is just dead all the time. Reporters and announcer screw up pronunciations all the time. Think "surface street." That's what everyone calls non limited access roadways now. But the proper and original term is "service street" 'cause if you think about it, most roadways all surface (not elevated or underground). Some California low intellect broadcasting major said surface on the radio and now we live with imbecility. Don't even get me started on when a decade ends.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Not really a fan of this long layoff between the playoff games and this championship game. Almost forgot about it. I think one week off should be sufficient.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt any undefeated and defending champ has had as much motivation as Clemson does. Almost no one is giving them a chance; many are saying they will be crushed. And the media has all but anointed LSU champs and burrow the greatest qb in college football history.

I won't be surprised to see clemson win. Especially if clemson comes in with a chip and LSU comes in basking in their own press clippings. Dont forget, we were leading this team at night, in death valley, in the 3rd quarter. They aren't unbeatable.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Just my two cents based on memory (always somewhat suspect). LSU's Tiger Stadium was originally deemed "Deaf" Valley, not Death, due to the crowd noise. Clemson can rightfully claim Death Valley because that part of SC is just dead all the time. Reporters and announcer screw up pronunciations all the time. Think "surface street." That's what everyone calls non limited access roadways now. But the proper and original term is "service street" 'cause if you think about it, most roadways all surface (not elevated or underground). Some California low intellect broadcasting major said surface on the radio and now we live with imbecility. Don't even get me started on when a decade ends.

What I can't stand is the way those "SAME" Low IQ Broadcasters pronounce "Baton Rouge" trying to sound French...Like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
What I can't stand is way those "SAME" Low IQ Broadcasters pronounce "Baton Rouge" trying to sound French...Like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Yeah. I grew up in Pcola and it was always Batten Ruge (more or less). Not Bataon Ru'age. Of course Ponce Dee Leon was not Ponc"e day Layon either. We're 'mericans here, the French and Spanish can talk to themselve

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I doubt any undefeated and defending champ has had as much motivation as Clemson does. Almost no one is giving them a chance; many are saying they will be crushed. And the media has all but anointed LSU champs and burrow the greatest qb in college football history.

I won't be surprised to see clemson win. Especially if clemson comes in with a chip and LSU comes in basking in their own press clippings. Dont forget, we were leading this team at night, in death valley, in the 3rd quarter. They aren't unbeatable.

The pregame hype is sounding to me a lot our national championship game with Oklahoma, where everyone expected the Gators to be overwhelmed by the shock and awe of Oklahoma’s record setting offensive firepower.

That one turned out to be a low scoring game decided in the 4th quarter, with the “scoring machine” of Oklahoma limited to 14 points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.