***Official Game Thread*** Florida @ South Carolina

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Great defense especially on the inside, poor offense but perhaps that is as good as this team can produce. The announcers stunk, too much talking and covering coaches, fans, and players not in the game during the game. What can you expect from CBS.

Bad biased officials as well.

Happy to win!!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SEC not average as FF points out. 9 teams have 15 wins or more and could ALL make the tourney. ACC, the top league has 11 teams with 15 wins or more. SEC DESTROYED the Big 12, the 2nd best league in the Nation. FACTS baby dolls!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just got home from the office. Had one eye on my tv and one on my computer, trying to decipher CG policy...

Great win! Where was this performance when scar was in our house? Anyway, glad to see them Gator Boys show some great effort. I hope they can use this game as a launching point for the rest of the season.

Lee, replying to your OP - do you think the boys had fun today?

Go Gators!!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is a good win and hopefully means UAL woke these guys up and they will START defending their home turf. Imagine if this team had won just half of the four games lost home games!

Other observations about the game:

1. UF is 44th in offense by the KenPom metric, but 32nd in defense. Who would have imagined that!

2. Sometimes blocks come from being out of position. Some of that was the case today, but since UF only gave up 6 offensive rebounds and SoCar missed a bunch of shots the blocks on the whole were a plus.

3. Ultimately UF shot 30% from the arc. Hopefully this has the been case of a really good offensive group having to learn to play defense and are now learning to play better offense with tireder legs from playing defense.

4. Good to see Okauru follow up one good game with another and good to see Ballard learning and playing a bit more solid.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I didn’t see the game today. I’m glad we won. Still, can someone explain to me how a 6’11 Gak could play 12 minutes and not get a single rebound? Not even 1.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Great defense especially on the inside, poor offense but perhaps that is as good as this team can produce. The announcers stunk, too much talking and covering coaches, fans, and players not in the game during the game. What can you expect from CBS.

Bad biased officials as well.

Happy to win!!!
At least it wasn't on ESPN with Beth Mowins.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
First game all year I didn't get to watch...maybe I shouldn't watch anymore? My prediction pre-game was 72-65 USCe, since they always seem to give us trouble, especially up there. So I was pleasantly surprised to see the final score when I got home today. Great defensive effort and a couple nice wins in a row. Keep it going, Gators!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t see the game today. I’m glad we won. Still, can someone explain to me how a 6’11 Gak could play 12 minutes and not get a single rebound? Not even 1.

He was a presence in the lane when he was in the game. He played good defense & didn’t look lost. I’d call that a win.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I agree. He boxed out better and Egor picks off the rebounds. Gak seemed more focused and Silva did not abuse us like he did before.
I think our committee of Gak, Hayes and Stone have come to realize they are our inside and need to forget about Egbunu. With egor picking up some slack.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
That’s fair lol. I think our confidence will be sky high after this trashing and how well we played on defense & boards
Over Confidence has been one of our issues. We beat a good team or have a decent effort game and then think we've got it all figured out.
This team has little margin for error.

Gak really played great defense yesterday. He helped us tremendously. Probably for the first time all year. Yeah I know he didn't fill up the stat sheet. But his big body really helped us keep Silva and Co. from finishing at the rim or getting offensive rebounds. In Gainesville, we played small ball and got creamed. Yesterday, we put our crippled bigs in there (Gak and Basset=frosh) and it really made a difference. Is this yet another example of good coaching?

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It's ironic that Gak also played his best game of the year by far. His defense and interior presence helped us tremendously. They missed so many bunnies and other guys gobbled up the rebounds while Gak manned up against their Star Big, Silva. Silva's got NBA written all over him.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.