***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Alabama***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Time to put your big-boy pants on, Gators.

Discuss.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think if the play calling is the same as the first 2 games then we may see a pick 6 in this game. I saw about 4 times in the first 2 games watching the replays that a fast confident DB could have jumped it and scored. I doubt Saban allows us to get away with dinking and dunking as much knowing Driskel's limitations throwing deep. I think we hang close the first half but Bama probably eventually wears us down in the 2nd half and wins by 10 points plus.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have the talent to compete with Bama. However, it's going to take a perfect game from all parties involved. Mistakes simply cannot happen in this game and expect to win. I like our chance if and ONLY if UF plays a mistake free game.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when starting a game thread this early was bad luck. Maybe that was because I started them? :lol:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
We have a chance, and the ability, to win this game. Line play on both sides will determine if we're in it or not. They will try to roll us on offense, no doubt, so the boys are going to have to stand tough, play their lanes, and play disciplined. You know Saban's team will do exactly that, they always do.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A mistake free game and consistent vertical passing where at least some of the balls are completed. dinking and dunking horizontally all game will not work against bama speed and talent, it just wont. We do those 2 things and the defense cleans it up compared to this past weekend and we have a chance. In reality, I think we know what we get with the muschamp show - a lot of mistakes and penalties due to undisciplined play. :/

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am hopeful, as usual. Of course I was excited about the Kentucky game and even though we won, which is better than losing, I was disappointed again by the product on the field. We are not improving enough to compete with a well disciplined team like Alabama. I see Bama winning by at least 2 touchdowns and Saban not embarrassing Muschamp in the 4th quarter.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It has to be the best mistake free and game of their lives for UF. We can hope that Kiffen will eff this up somehow. The plan for UF must be:

1. Lights out play on both sides of scrimmage.
2. No stupid mistakes.
3. Stuff the Bama run game.
4. Make Kiffy throw deep and correct the UF mistakes on D from last week.
5. Offense has to take it up a notch, protect JD, and must run the ball a good bit to take pressure off.
6. Do not let it come down to a FG.

Tall task. Not banking on it, but not impossible either.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't agree with most saying a mistake free game. Alabama is not the juggernaut they have been the last few years. Their offensive line is very suspect and I expect us to contain sims running just like we did manziel In 2012. Key to the game equals make sims beat us throwing. Maybe we can get a few breaks and get some nice plays special teams wise. I expect a close game, but Bama by 7

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So a neat little nugget I discovered earlier this year. Out of the last 5 times we've played Alabama, the winner of the game has won the NC 4 times. (06,08,09,11).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n51488 said:
So a neat little nugget I discovered earlier this year. Out of the last 5 times we've played Alabama, the winner of the game has won the NC 4 times. (06,08,09,11).

I wish Bama luck in the NC game. :hehehe:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's say through the insidious effect of the Stockholm syndrome miraculously overnight I flipped and became a Gator. Knowing that Allah is merciful I sent up a prayer.

It would so something like this....

Alvin:
Oh merciful Allah I come to thee with a request
Allah:
How ya doin', Alvin? What can I do for you today?

Alvin:
We are playing Alabama, yes, the Alabama Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa. We want to shock the world and take out the damn Tide.
Allah:
You want what?

Alvin:
Alabama. We want to defeat them before their home fans and the entire world.
Allah:
Let me get this straight. You need my help to defeat the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa?

Alvin
Yes.
Allah:
I'll grant you this Alabama team is not the same quality as the last 4 or 5 years. They've got that lame Lane Kiffin as their OC. What the hell was tricky Nickie thinking when he hired that chump?

Alvin
I don't know what he was thinking. Kiffin is a POS
Allah:
Don't I know it. Sorry, son, but even with a less than a top of the line Alabama and a dumb ass inept Lane Kiffin I don't have the power to grant your wish. The Florida Gators beat Bama in Tuscaloosa? I'd have better luck granting a Milli Vanilli comeback tour or moving Elvis out of Memphis.

When you lose, lose with dignity.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:headshake: :headslap: :facepalm: :whew: :angry::violin:
This has been our lives under William 'monkey on our backs relived' Muschamp. We need a thoughtful game plan and execution to avoid being rolled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator