***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Alabama***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This will be old skule Bammer ball. They will look at our film, see a soft front seven and a disaster at safety. Their QB can't throw downfield to pick on the safeties, so it will be power running game all the way. Basically all they have to do is not run at Bullard or maybe Brantley. Our DTs and middle LBs will be exposed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n52770 said:
This will be old skule Bammer ball. They will look at our film, see a soft front seven and a disaster at safety. Their QB can't throw downfield to pick on the safeties, so it will be power running game all the way. Basically all they have to do is not run at Bullard or maybe Brantley. Our DTs and middle LBs will be exposed.

Possibly but I did notice against the 2 cupcakes they were slowing their run game down early with 8 near the line. They definitely don't have the O line that just mauled defenders like they had in 2011 and 2012 but they did look pretty big there.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n52770 said:

I love your positive attitude towards just about everyone on the team.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Mudd;n52414 said:
Cooper has been doing a lot for bama this year. If we put VH3 on him can VH3 shut him down or at least cut his production way down, and if so will that even the odds a bit for us?

Unless they figure out how to do the same for D.Rob.
I don't know. Haven't watched Bamma play this year.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's this too but I don't have context.

Bama QB Blake Sims has completed 91.7% of his passes on 3rd down. Bama's 57% 3rd down conversion rate (9th overall) is 10% better than 2013.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n52796 said:

He's passing on his own deficiencies onto teenagers, it's a defense mechanism.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
URGatorBait;n52796 said:

He's passing on his own deficiencies onto teenagers, it's a defense mechanism.
:lol:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Law98gator;n52770 said:

I love no matter how often he's wrong he keeps up his bs.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n52469 said:
Unless they figure out how to do the same for D.Rob.

They've been practicing a true frosh ( Tony Brown) at one Cb due to starter Eddie Jackson being limited because of a Quad injury, Evidently the coaching staff is being cautious with him because Jackson is also coming back from a knee injury he picked up in the spring. Don't know a lot about Brown or how muchor if Jackson will be able to go so :dunno: Also in the db's Nick Perry out first half because of targeting.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n52853 said:
They've been practicing a true frosh ( Tony Brown) at one Cb due to starter Eddie Jackson being limited because of a Quad injury, Evidently the coaching staff is being cautious with him because Jackson is also coming back from a knee injury he picked up in the spring. Don't know a lot about Brown or how muchor if Jackson will be able to go so :dunno: Also in the db's Nick Perry out first half because of targeting.

Just read an article on Yahoo about this. Sounds like the guy they're planning to start is a guy that's been around a few years and never been able to win the starting job. Could work out well for us if Jeff gets in a groove early. They do have one stud safety though so he's going to have to pay close attention to where that guy lines up.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The stud safety is Perry , the kid who'll be out the first half. The other regular starting safety Collins ( Willis's 1/2 bro) is a good safety but supposedly there's a drop at 2nd string. We should be able to expose them a bit even with mid range passing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n52868 said:
The stud safety is Perry , the kid who'll be out the first half. The other regular starting safety Collins ( Willis's 1/2 bro) is a good safety but supposedly there's a drop at 2nd string. We should be able to expose them a bit even with mid range passing.

Collins is the run stuffer if I remember correctly and is supposed to be a top NFL pick I think.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Law98gator;n52770 said:

I said we're soft up the gut last year and you nitwits had seizures. It was true then and it's still true now.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Law98gator;n52770 said:

Name calling, nice. Stay classy Law!
I'm also a big fan of how you just simply group individuals into a pile, considering I've never had that discussion with you.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like their secondary is a bift suspect and has depth issues at the moment. Would be nice to take advantage of that like some have mentioned but my concern is driskels accuracy. We need balls put on the reciever down the field in order to make them pay but so far this is where he has looked iffy. I'm hoping we capitalize but I havent seen anything giving me confidence we do.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r said:
African+elephant+with+an+african+crocodile.jpg
Thanks Rog, but a friend on another site used it for her av the other day. So I have to give credit where it's due.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n53165 said:
Sounds like their secondary is a bift suspect and has depth issues at the moment. Would be nice to take advantage of that like some have mentioned but my concern is driskels accuracy. We need balls put on the reciever down the field in order to make them pay but so far this is where he has looked iffy. I'm hoping we capitalize but I havent seen anything giving me confidence we do.

We can do Bama just like Oklahoma did them playing up tempo in the Bowl Game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel's accuracy is our key. Will he be hurried too frequently ? That will throw off his steadiness even times
he's not rushed. Here's hoping DRob can stay magical … and Christy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator