***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Alabama***

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n53530 said:
Driskel's accuracy is our key. Will he be hurried too frequently ? That will throw off his steadiness even times
he's not rushed. Here's hoping DRob can stay magical … and Christy too.

They brought extra guys against Oklahoma many plays and they still burned Bama.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52956 said:
Collins is the run stuffer if I remember correctly and is supposed to be a top NFL pick I think.

Collins is good against the run, he has problems with his back to the Qb, (think Neale's problem against Kentucky), Collins is I think a junior.Perry is an All American, good against the run and pass. Collins ( who by the way is Willis's 1/2 brother, the one who's mom made such a spectacle) will go to the NFL but he has definite things to work on. most of the reports on him mention weaknesses against the pass that he needs to work on.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
OK guys, the bullets are live, this time. I'm going in for my surgery this morning. You guys hold the fort down and give those goobers, from Bamerville, hell! Hopefully, when I come to my senses, I will learn that we won the game. Have faith Gator Nation! Alabama isn't a machine! Those of you traveling to the game, be safe. GO GATORS!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Gator Fever;n52956 said:
Collins is the run stuffer if I remember correctly and is supposed to be a top NFL pick I think.

Collins is good against the run, he has problems with his back to the Qb, (think Neale's problem against Kentucky), Collins is I think a junior.Perry is an All American, good against the run and pass. Collins ( who by the way is Willis's 1/2 brother, the one who's mom made such a spectacle) will go to the NFL but he has definite things to work on. most of the reports on him mention weaknesses against the pass that he needs to work on.
Collins is projected to be the #1 draft pick! O_O

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n53165 said:
Sounds like their secondary is a bift suspect and has depth issues at the moment. Would be nice to take advantage of that like some have mentioned but my concern is driskels accuracy. We need balls put on the reciever down the field in order to make them pay but so far this is where he has looked iffy. I'm hoping we capitalize but I havent seen anything giving me confidence we do.

We won't get many chances for open deep balls. The place to hurt Bama is the intermediate routes. Their DB's bite on a lot of stuff, so, if our WR's run good routes and the OL gives Driskel time, we should be able to throw the ball. This could really make Robinson have a really great day. I hope they play him in the slot, a lot.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Gator Fever;n52956 said:

don't know where you saw #1. He's projected to go in the 1rst round in 2015. The highest I've seen him go is #8, and that's cbs who I don't trust too much.Honestly I think projecting 2015 is a little premature but it is what it is.They also talk about if he plays to his potential. Good luck today buddy!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n53620 said:
OK guys, the bullets are live, this time. I'm going in for my surgery this morning. You guys hold the fort down and give those goobers, from Bamerville, hell! Hopefully, when I come to my senses, I will learn that we won the game. Have faith Gator Nation! Alabama isn't a machine! Those of you traveling to the game, be safe. GO GATORS!

Hope all goes well! Go Gators!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
GIGator;n53620 said:

Hope all goes well! Go Gators!
same here

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://coachingsearch.247sports.com...-way-better-than-anybody-here-thinks-31260679

[h=2]Saban: Florida Is 'Way Better Than Anybody Here Thinks'[/h] 17 hours ago
When talking about Florida at his mid-week press conference, Nick Saban was almost lecturing the media in attendance and anyone watching.
The Crimson Tide are a 15-point favorite this weekend, and the Gators are coming off a triple-overtime win against Kentucky, but Saban was adamant in his belief that Florida can beat Alabama if his team isn’t ready to play.
“Florida has an outstanding team. Way better, way better than anybody here thinks, in terms of the players they have,” Saban said. “They lost a lot of players due to injury last year. They’ve got a lot of players back that are very, very good players. Regardless of what anybody thinks, they’ll be as talented as probably anybody that we play this year.
“It’s going to be important that our players play their very best. We’re looking forward to having the opportunity to play at home against a very good SEC opponent on national television. We’re just going to try to keep doing what we need to do to get our players ready to go.”
The Crimson Tide and Gators kick off at 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.

​

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
rogdochar;n53530 said:
Driskel's accuracy is our key. Will he be hurried too frequently ? That will throw off his steadiness even times
he's not rushed. Here's hoping DRob can stay magical … and Christy too.

They brought extra guys against Oklahoma many plays and they still burned Bama.
There were 2 keys to that happening. 1) QB played lights out that night, accuracy and poise was off the charts. 2) OK oline gave him a lot of time and consistently picked up blitzers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember seeing the exact opposite from jeff and the oline last weekend. Not saying it wont happen, but it hasnt yet. Simply saying "we can burn bama like someone else did" doesnt make it so. Past history is the best predictor of future performance.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
With the pattern matching Saban likes to run, you can dial up a blown coverage occasionally by play design. Particularly if you create some confusion to who is the 3rd receiver to a side after a play develops. I've seen wheel routes bust wide open in the past.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Bama is missing two starters in the secondary. Robinson will draw lots of attention so it's time for the other receivers to step up and make plays in single coverage against weaker DB's. If we can run the ball Bama is in big trouble. It will open up the passing game for JD and our speedy wideouts. JD has to play smart and make good decisions. I think our defense has a great chance to contain Bama's offense. It will be hard for them to throw the ball if we are stopping the run. Whatever team runs the ball well and doesn't turn the ball over will win this game. We've been solid running the ball and we have only 1 turnover. I think we have a much better shot than many people think.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I think some of you guy's may be selling yourselves a little bit short. I just don't see this Bama team with the ability to pull away from an opponent with equal or even close to equal talent. They just aren't built that way. There are holes in their defense and some uncertainty at the QB position. Sure they are a top 10 team but I'm just not sold on this bunch. I may come back in 4 weeks and read this and look silly but oh well.
Looking at both sides of the ball I think the Gators are faster on both. I know all about Yeldon, Drake and Henry and they are talented. Not talented enough to run it right at the Gators all day long. Simms or maybe even Coker will have to complete passes. I'm not certain they can.
I think Bama keeps you guy's at an arms length away for most of what I think will be a low scoring game. May come down to a big defensive play which Florida has a knack of creating in big games to get the W.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
WV took a kick to the house against Bama and threw for 365 yards. I think we are better than a lot of people think and Bama is not as powerful as everyone thinks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The keys to this game is to stop the run . Keep Simms in the pocket and make him beat us with his arm. Keep Cooper in check. And our offense has to be able to move the ball and not turn the ball over. I worry about us stopping the power running game like that because we struggled so bad last year against LSU and uga. That's my biggest concern I think the secondary will be ok I don't think bama wants to throw the ball as much as Kentucky. And I also worry about us being able to move the ball against them,they haven't played a team with a decent running game yet but they've been shutting it down.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
What scares me most about some of the posts predicting that we might win reminds me of when we used to go to the Vols board and the like and quote them on how they thought they were going to win. We would laugh for hours. I wonder if that might be happening to us now.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Guest said:
What scares me most about some of the posts predicting that we might win reminds me of when we used to go to the Vols board and the like and quote them on how they thought they were going to win. We would laugh for hours. I wonder if that might be happening to us now.
Since you mentioned Vols, I'll chime in. Gators can absolutely win this game. Bama off line will not be able to push around the Gator defensive front like they have their previous opponents. Need to win the turnover battle as usual and freaking get Debose the ball in space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator