***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs ECU Birmingham Bowl***

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it's set. I guess they didn't look at next seasons schedule before placing us. Either that or no one gave a care and just stuck us in the last available SEC spot. In any case, I present the death nail thread of the Muschamp era.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Oh shi!,,, we better come to play. I watched these guys twice this year they score in bunches

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I saw uf play ECU back in 83. They were a hellva team then. Lost three games that year by about 12 pts total to UF fsu and UM and all them were top ten teams. And they did not get a bowl bid. They were a great 3 loss team back then.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yea, I saw them eat up a few teams this year too. They gave SCe all they could handle. I was looking at the bowl predictions the other day and was hoping we wouldn't draw them. It's bad to be placed in a crap bowl. ONly thing worse is to lose a crap bowl. I'm not that excited about getting them game 2 next year either. They are a dangerous team. #2 passing offense in the country. DBs better eat their Wheaties.

I bet their fans are pissed they pulled a 6-5 team.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
They travel pretty good as well,,, if we have breakdowns in the secondary we will pay dearly, with that said whos got it better than us, competent coach with a fresh start,

Marshall Gator

Dec 7, 2014
This will be a good game. I'm glad our players will be able to get the extra practices since we are bowl eligible. I wonder how our Defense will perform without Will on
the sidelines assisting Durkin.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This will be the best passing attack we've seen all year. It's going to be a good test for them. They better keep everything in front of them. This is a team that does a lot of window dressing, counters, and such and has a way of getting DBs feet crossed over one another if they aren't paying attention, It'll be entertaining at least.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what Roper does without the handcuffs. Think they'll have some truck plays up their sleeves. Play aggressive in all 3 phases by blitzing, block attempts and airing it out. What's to lose and let the kids have some fun!

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n127760 said:
I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what Roper does without the handcuffs. Think they'll have some truck plays up their sleeves. Play aggressive in all 3 phases by blitzing, block attempts and airing it out. What's to lose and let the kids have some fun!

I agree. If Durkin lets him open it up, it could be an audition of sorts for Roper.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I'm not expecting much to be honest, the coaches will already know if they are staying or going (most will be going I think and they'll be looking forward to securing new employment), I also doubt the kids who have declared or are Muschamp lovers leaving the program are going to leave it all on the field either. But I hope for the best, and the practices will give coach the opportunity to evaluate the players he will have to work with.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Durkin has learned what happens when a defensive head coach tries to hogtie his OC. I have a sneaking suspicion we might see a much more active Offense. What is there to lose? If nothing else start letting the kids give this forward pass thing a go since it looks like it might be in the playbook next year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Idk how roper is gonna air it out with no qb. Treon hasn't shown the ability to do that yet. Maybe the extra weeks of practice will help. I feel confident we can shut down their passing game seeing that we just made jameis Winston look like Jeff driskel.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
G
t-gator;n127783 said:
Idk how roper is gonna air it out with no qb. Treon hasn't shown the ability to do that yet. Maybe the extra weeks of practice will help. I feel confident we can shut down their passing game seeing that we just made jameis Winston look like Jeff driskel.
Good point! But im serious if poole and gorman get caught out of position it will be a long afternoon. Book it

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n127794 said:
G
Good point! But im serious if poole and gorman get caught out of position it will be a long afternoon. Book it
That's my biggest worry too man. But tabor and Wilson have grown up alot. Ecu hasn't seen a defensive line or corners like these all year

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durkin has been a DC in waiting for how many years? He'll be fine with WM. Good point about the weak links in pass coverage, so we better be ready. Treon will be healthier, so Roper should be prepared to call the game he wants to call. This is an audition for everybody...effort, regardless of the score, will matter.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Ag
t-gator;n127797 said:
That's my biggest worry too man. But tabor and Wilson have grown up alot. Ecu hasn't seen a defensive line or corners like these all year
Yep and vh3 and fowler, they need to turn it lose

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have a lot of ECU friends from college, used to party a lot up there. Those kids know how to do it and do it big. They have one of the biggest Halloween parties every year in Greenville, too.

That being said, purple and yellow is gay and I hope we obliterate their sorry mid-major asses.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Up here, ECU is known as "Easy U" b/c it is one of easiest colleges to get into in the state (like FAU)

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n127803 said:
I have a lot of ECU friends from college, used to party a lot up there. Those kids know how to do it and do it big. They have one of the biggest Halloween parties every year in Greenville, too.

That being said, purple and yellow is gay and I hope we obliterate their sorry mid-major asses.

Known as E-Z-U in some parts....and not just for the so-called academics either. They have a great fanbase though, and will travel well, whether or not Birmingham is a total ****hole. They strolled into Blacksburg the week after VT beat the ****eyes and brought them back to earth. They score points in bunches, although their defense against the hail mary could use some work.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This game should confirm the long held believe, Muschamp interferes with the O, lets see if we have an attack like plan instead of the crap shoot, roulette wheel carnival we've grown accustomed to. I mean some kind of orchestration of your weapons on the roster Mr Roper. Well, here's your audition OC. Here's to you making it less head banging mindless to watch and prove it wasn't you. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb