***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs ECU Birmingham Bowl***

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The timing of the day it's being played basically destroys any possibility I can go, but I would have gone otherwise. I've seen the last four head coaches of Florida coach in person (including Strong), but it looks like I'll have to miss Durkin's one game as HC. :sadnanner:

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n128253 said:
So we opened at -8.5, but the line has already dropped to -7. O/U is 57.5.
So Vegas thinks we're good for 32 points? That'd be a nice change.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That stadium especially. Its a wonder its still standing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ECU is going to be very motivated to beat Florida. Florida will not be motivated to beat ECU... I don't see us winning this game. I actually don't even care. This game is meaningless (like all non playoff bowl games)... you don't get anything for winning and it has no impact.

If the players play great and perform that's nice... if they don't... doesn't matter, especially with a new coach. There will be few Gators at the game supporting the team and few watching it on TV.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I definitely don't see us getting up for this game at all.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Alligatoridae;n129067 said:
I question the fanhood of any person that would say this.

Whatever... I suppose you will be in attendance

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n129204 said:
Truth bomb. Birmingham is a miserable place.

Especially in January... I'll keep my $1,000 in Sunny SW Florida and watch this 6-5 team from home... thanks.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n129293 said:
ECU is going to be very motivated to beat Florida. Florida will not be motivated to beat ECU... I don't see us winning this game. I actually don't even care. This game is meaningless (like all non playoff bowl games)... you don't get anything for winning and it has no impact.

If the players play great and perform that's nice... if they don't... doesn't matter, especially with a new coach. There will be few Gators at the game supporting the team and few watching it on TV.

My point exactly... These boys couldn't get up for the Sugar a couple of years ago when they were 11-1...

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Law98gator;n129149 said:
So, you've never been to Birmingham, huh?

I have been to Birmingham, but not for a game. I suppose it would be different if I lived in Gainesville and was able to attend every game. Or had the money to travel. But I don't. So any game I could ever see would be a huge blessing and I'd be so daggum pumped up I wouldn't give a crap where they were playing. Guess I just didn't look at the flip side of the coin. Certainly didn't mean to attack anyone and I apologize if it came off like that.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Alligatoridae;n129460 said:
I have been to Birmingham, but not for a game. I suppose it would be different if I lived in Gainesville and was able to attend every game. Or had the money to travel. But I don't. So any game I could ever see would be a huge blessing and I'd be so daggum pumped up I wouldn't give a crap where they were playing. Guess I just didn't look at the flip side of the coin. Certainly didn't mean to attack anyone and I apologize if it came off like that.

No offense taken... that was my point about the $$ ... Save it for next year in G'ville....

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
ATXGator;n129293 said:

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. My nephew graduated from ECU a few years ago but he could care less about football so that isn't going to affect me much!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n129204 said:
Truth bomb. Birmingham is a miserable place.

Tried to get my dad to go, but he declined. Suffice it say he's not a big fan of Bham. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I happen to be driving somewhere, I try not to stop even for restrooms in Trailerbama or M'sippi.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sad thing is, as much as I despise Birmingham because of the year I lived there, I would go to this game if the timeline worked more in my favor, which it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.