Gator Basketball Gators get by Nevada to storm into the Terrific 32

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Rumor has it this is a “good matchup” for us.

It’d be great to win one game, but like most of you out there, my expectations aren’t high with this team.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

PS - too early for the thread?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
One of their top scorers missed their last game with an Achilles injury, so we might have caught a break there if he isn't healthy by Thursday.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Where’s NVGator? He knows more about the Mountain West than most of us. They were considered the class of their conference until Utah State passed then up at the end. They were ranked top 10 most of the year. I don’t see many big wins on their resume this year though. Should be a fun matchup!!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
NV will say we have no chance. But it's the tournament and upsets happen. This will likely be one people pick. Just play like we have been recently and we can win.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I expect Florida to win this one. Nevada is another Guard heavy team that shoots the 3 ball. The losses they’ve taken this year have been against teams that play great defense. Florida will lock them down, frustrate them from making shots and it will be one and done for this team with extremely high expectations.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If it turns to UF 'cruising' to a win, well our guys deserve that break. Gators have faced so many fiercely contested games battering them down the stretch. Good guys deserve a 'breeze-game'. Hope everyone plays their best teammated game, with enough joy to go around -- a relief of pressure on them all = including coach White. Make it a non-choking game for us fans to watch too.
"Thursday-come-soon".

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I expect Florida to win this one. Nevada is another Guard heavy team that shoots the 3 ball. The losses they’ve taken this year have been against teams that play great defense. Florida will lock them down, frustrate them from making shots and it will be one and done for this team with extremely high expectations.

95204DD1-B4DA-4618-8825-38CE75B4D3A0.gif

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators played the 16th toughest schedule in the nation while NV played the 81st.

NCAA College Basketball Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

As of right now NV is given a 56% chance to beat UF so we are the underdog no doubt. NV averages 81 points a game and only allows 66 points a game so they are pretty good in both areas so they can play any way with teams. They have a very experienced team that made it to the Sweet 16 last year. Their top guys are all seniors and play very well together. They also have a ton of size and length in all 5 positions and are very well coached so it will be a very tough game that could go either way. NV can tell you more cause he has been to a lot of NV's games so he has first hand experience with them. Go Gators!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If that's the case I'm sure you'll be disappointed

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nevada Wolfpack has 2 6'11" freshmen (how good?), one 6'11" senior. After that a few 6'7". Our secret weapon?= 6'5" KJ.

So they're not so overwhelming as SEC tall teams we've hung with. Go Gators. Think "in-the-box" coach White. Our 'talls' have to battle them, draw the line. Outplay them, then & there.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators played the 16th toughest schedule in the nation while NV played the 81st.

NCAA College Basketball Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

As of right now NV is given a 56% chance to beat UF so we are the underdog no doubt. NV averages 81 points a game and only allows 66 points a game so they are pretty good in both areas so they can play any way with teams. They have a very experienced team that made it to the Sweet 16 last year. Their top guys are all seniors and play very well together. They also have a ton of size and length in all 5 positions and are very well coached so it will be a very tough game that could go either way. NV can tell you more cause he has been to a lot of NV's games so he has first hand experience with them. Go Gators!!
Nevada’s starting 5 are all 5th year Seniors and the 1st off the bench is Jazz Johnson, another 5th year Senior.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
:shocked:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.