Gator Basketball Gators get by Nevada to storm into the Terrific 32

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After reading Ocalaman's list of Nevada players' scoring averages, I'm now sufficiently fretting.
Then NV points out their age maturity = this is going to be a challenge. Maybe they've not faced a stingy defense like ours?

A major question is "how fast do they play?"... on defense and offense.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After reading Ocalaman's list of Nevada players' scoring averages, I'm now sufficiently fretting.
Then NV points out their age maturity = this is going to be a challenge. Maybe they've not faced a stingy defense like ours?

A major question is "how fast do they play?"... on defense and offense.
Nevada has not faced a defense like Florida’s all year. That’s going to be a problem. They like to run and get the tempo up. They play really good defense when they want to and focus. Slowing down Nevada will be key to Florida’s success. However, they know how to run plays, ball screens and set offense. Something White hasn’t figured out yet.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nevada’s starting 5 are all 5th year Seniors and the 1st off the bench is Jazz Johnson, another 5th year Senior.
This sucks. When doing brackets I always look for teams with seniors in the back court. They tend to do well for obvious reasons.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
As I’ve already said in this thread, their starting 6 guys that are 5th year seniors. They are the 2nd oldest team in the country behind Harvard (23.6 yo). Their entire starting 6 are ALL transfers.
As I’ve already said in this thread, their starting 6 guys that are 5th year seniors. They are the 2nd oldest team in the country behind Harvard (23.6 yo). Their entire starting 6 are ALL transfers.

I did see your earlier post on the seniors. I was not aware that they had so many starter transfers, but makes sense with their age. Maybe they start a new trend and instead of 1 and done, it is 5 and keep playing.
I agree that in the MW conference they would not see defenses like the Gators. But as we know our bench is thin, maybe anorexic, and we will wear down. Maybe by coming in as the higher seed with nothing to lose, Coach White keeps the boys loose and the shots drop.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good match up for us at all lol

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a bunch of pussy-hat wearing pantywaists talking in here.

I hope all your balls drop before the game.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not a good match up for us at all lol
If they shoot like they did against SDSU we should win by double digits. Of course they probably won't play that bad 2 games in a row.

Still, I like our chances considering the difference in level of competition each team has been facing. The SEC is right up there as far as best leagues this year so we certainly aren't going to be intimidated by them. Of course we will have to hit shots, but our D will keep us in it until the shots start to fall.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Cool story bro. Make sure you have us winning the national title on your $10 bracket and all the other ones or stfu. Put that attitude where it counts...cool?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cool story bro. Make sure you have us winning the national title on your $10 bracket and all the other ones or stfu. Put that attitude where it counts...cool?

Of course, you have to actually have a pair of balls before they can drop.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Need a bandaid?

:grin:

SMH...

tumblr_inline_nolc8jml4J1t1pnr5_500.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Here's the unique aspect of this equation. I won't be playing on Thursday. Therefore, my fear of us losing is pretty irrelevant.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Nevada has some big guards that can give us trouble. Not to mention the big boys inside. Another interesting fact that someone on ESPN mentioned yesterday is that their average age is 23.5 years old. Comment was that they are as old as some NBA teams. Not sure about that but their better players are transfers. Their Coach Eric Musselman is good and has a .769 winning percentage at
"Nev -AD-a ". I am sure they will be fired up to play the Mighty Gators and the SEC.
The guard match ups concern me, but maybe we can turn them over and score transition buckets. Flip side of that is that our 3's are going to be tougher to come by with their size outside. Like all of our games this should be another gut grinder.
I think Eric Musselman is a second generation coach, seems I recall a Bill Musselman three decades or so back.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
His father cheated big time at Minnesota and his players basically assaulted a player from Ohio St. in a game that was the most heinous thing ever seen in a college game at that time.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I don't think anybody is afraid. We all just know this team sucks ass some times. I've never picked against the gators in the first round of a bracket. But I'm doing it this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.