Gator Basketball Gators get by Nevada to storm into the Terrific 32

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
God you're a f ing whiny slit. You better pick the gators to win every bracket or you're a damn hypocrite.

Good grief man, you’re way too damn easy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
6'7" good ball handlers driving to the basket sounds ominous.
Do they know how to properly kiss it off the glass? uh-oh?
Be good if we get 'em for charges, smart D.
Frustrate 'em Gators.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You take this stuff way too seriously
Yeah. I've been a pumper all season and took those comments to be pure douchbag. Like it's totally off the wall to think a team that lost what...14 or 15 games might be one and done. Crazy stuff man. Dumper city.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Even if one and undone, our freshmen will have had a taste of it to drive our next team.
But an excursion further in would be more transferable as adventure worth chasing again.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Tweet Share
247Sports

Jay Williams: Why Florida is NCAA Tournament's Cinderella
  • by Brad Crawford
  • 17 hours ago
8194438.jpg

Don't sleep on the 10th-seeded Florida Gators in the NCAA Tournament, an at-large selection who have lost four of their past six games coming in.

ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Williams picked the Gators as his "Cinderella" in the Big Dance, pointing to Florida's talented backcourt as the primary reason this team is heading to the second weekend.

Florida (19-15) leaped off the bubble and earned a spot after winning two games in the SEC Tournament in Nashville last week.

Six chances to win $10K in 2019 Conference Tournament Bracket Challenge

“I think Mike White’s team is … look, I just love their guard play,” Williams said during Monday's appearance on SportsCenter. “They were one play away from taking Auburn to overtime in the SEC Tournament, potentially could’ve won that game and then played in the championship vs. Tennessee. When I think about Florida, I think about their guards and their guards can really defend — KeVaughn Allen, Jalen Hudson.

“When you think about Nevada, you have to stop those guards. Their average age on their teams is 23 years old. I not only have Florida beating (seventh-seeded) Nevada, but I also have Florida beating (No. 2) Michigan. Michigan can get stuck offensively sometimes.”

[iframe src="[URL="https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-32/html/container.html?n=0"]SafeFrame Container[/URL]" name="1-0-32;27126;

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Nevada has a propensity for big comebacks, and we have a propensity for giving up big comebacks. That makes me nervous.

Another team with that M.O. is LSU. I worried a lot about that going into the first LSU game, but alas the winning on road and neutral sites and losing at home part of UF's M.O. seemed to trump the big comeback parts in the LSU case.

We shall see about Nevada. They don't turn the ball over much which is a worry for UF. The bigs they mostly play are around 6'7" tall and so a UF disadvantage does not exist as much in this game. They are more of an offensive minded team that UF, but UF is more defensive minded than Nevada.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Caroline's maternal grandfather was J. C. Caroline, who was a running back for Illinois and led the nation in rushing as a sophomore in 1953 before playing 10 seasons for the Chicago Bears, primarily as a defensive back. His father, Simeon Rice, was an All-America defensive end at Illinois in 1994 and 1995 and was picked third in the NFL draft and played 12 NFL seasons. His mother Jayna Caroline, was a track athlete in high school and graduated from Illinois. Growing up, Jordan never felt any pressure to play football though did dabble in the sport as well as swimming, though he focused on basketball. In middle school he played on the same AAU program, Team Trouble, as future Loyola-Chicago forward Donte Ingram. Caroline played two years of high school basketball for Champaign Central High School before transferring to Montverde Academy. Playing alongside Ben Simmons and D'Angelo Russell, Caroline helped the team to back-to-back national titles in 2013 and 2014.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The ROKU channel seems is streaming March Madness games continuously. Right now 12 noon, I'm watching several episodes on the Nevada Wolfpack. Watching their super-dynamic HC Musselman. He shouts driving the lesson home in practices. He's scary. So his team might play intimidatingly.??

Coach Musselman shoves energy into his players. So we'll see the opposite of coach White.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah NV's head coach is big time. Its gonna take a huge effort by our guys to pull off the monumental upset. NV was predicted as a dark horse team to go on a very deep run in March all season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we make it through the 1st round but I don’t see how we beat Meatchicken.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm worried that Nevada might turn and twist us badly. Gonna require resilience by our Gators to beat Nevada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb