***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Galloping Giraffes***

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
After the game there was a wrap-up show in which he and Joey Galloway picked their 4 playoff teams and of course UF wasn't on either list, which is fine. But when they were asked who they had as the first team "in" would be Joey Galloway, who ain't exactly a Gator fan, immediately went to Florida and the superb level of play by Trask and the rest of the offense in general. Well Jesse abruptly dismissed UF and went to phukking Cincinnati as being "clearly" the best team not in his current top 4. His tone and demeanor amounted to take number nine million and six of "I'm my own man and to prove it, I'm going out of my way to piss on my Alma Mater, yet again."

I don't really begrudge him his right to an opinion. I get it. He makes big money for going on TV, badly in need of a shave, a regular man's haircut and a properly fitted suit jacket, to blurt out whatever Canadian accented dooshery that happens to come to mind. I'm cool with that. But the long-standing, pro forma anti-Florida slant on virtually everything that pertains to the Gators is bullschytt, and he's been doing it from the moment he first stepped onto a TV set. I don't expect him to act like a shill for Florida. I do expect him to be fair enough to occasionally give credit where it's due, and he very rarely does. So yeah, phukk Jesse Palmer and the ugly ass horse he rode up on. End of rant.

Those damn skinny jackets are God awful.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After the game there was a wrap-up show in which he and Joey Galloway picked their 4 playoff teams and of course UF wasn't on either list, which is fine. But when they were asked who they had as the first team "in" would be Joey Galloway, who ain't exactly a Gator fan, immediately went to Florida and the superb level of play by Trask and the rest of the offense in general. Well Jesse abruptly dismissed UF and went to phukking Cincinnati as being "clearly" the best team not in his current top 4. His tone and demeanor amounted to take number nine million and six of "I'm my own man and to prove it, I'm going out of my way to piss on my Alma Mater, yet again."

I don't really begrudge him his right to an opinion. I get it. He makes big money for going on TV, badly in need of a shave, a regular man's haircut and a properly fitted suit jacket, to blurt out whatever Canadian accented dooshery that happens to come to mind. I'm cool with that. But the long-standing, pro forma anti-Florida slant on virtually everything that pertains to the Gators is bullschytt, and he's been doing it from the moment he first stepped onto a TV set. I don't expect him to act like a shill for Florida. I do expect him to be fair enough to occasionally give credit where it's due, and he very rarely does. So yeah, phukk Jesse Palmer and the ugly ass horse he rode up on. End of rant.

100% truth
Palmer is a hipster wannabe and a douchebag that seems to be working his way down the ladder of success. I am glad that he no longer does games because I don’t have to throw up every time he says 3rd and California or physicality

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I have no idea how good a coach Gonzalez is or isn’t and you made some valid points, but I have to disagree with this one. I have to believe Henderson has been coached not to do what he did against Ugly. He’s also been coached since peewee ball to not whiff on a tackle like he did on that play. Henderson is a talented freshman and on occasion makes freshman mistakes. If he keeps making the same mistakes, then I’ll blame the coach.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Mebbe. But the receiver who caused the pick six was a true freshman who has improved as the season progressed. Notice in particular that your arguments are internally inconsistent: you argue that our starting WRs have had the least coaching and then blame the WR that has had the least coaching. What everyone can see is that for years our receivers didn't claim the ball, didn't highpoint, didn't catch difficult balls. Now they do. You claiming that's on recruiting?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Respectfully, that receiver you refer is a true freshman with excellent physical ability, who played pretty well last night. And the quality of play at all the receiver spots seems to be steadily improving. Even Copeland is making strides after being stuck in a rut for what seems like forever. WR is far, far from being the biggest deficiency on the team - either in terms of position coaching or player talent. Just MHO.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
This group of receivers are doing a great job and are well coached....indicated by their year over year improvement. We have guys coming off the bench that would be starters elsewhere.

We are WRU/TEU. Pipeline to Gainesville established. Last stop to the NFL.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Like I said, I have no idea about the coaches abilities - and thought you made valid points - but I totally blame Henderson for the int and for the missed tackle, not the coach.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Is the reverse true? If so then does he get credit for Grimes improvement and getting more out of Shorter than PSU ever did? Or is this a coin with only one side?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said, I have no idea about the coaches abilities - and thought you made valid points - but I totally blame Henderson for the int and for the missed tackle, not the coach.
The receivers are doing a better job. A huge part of this is them not running the same three routes every play that we used to run.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I congratulate you on never having done anything that didn't go well, after having been advised by others that there might be a better way to do a thing. What a rarefied atmosphere you inhabit - almost an uber mensch, really..
Did you ever play football? Serve in the military or do anything like that?

If youre leader is competent at all, then they disect everything you did every play and look for how to improve it. Every time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I consider Shorter a TE.

Grimes too sort of. I know he runs wide but he plays like a TE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.