***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Galloping Giraffes***

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
We graduated 4 receivers to the NFL. Now we are working on another group of receivers. More will go to the NFL. Meanwhile.....they are torching SEC defenses weekly. Talent? Coaching? Both?

We still have a couple of talented youngins that haven’t even seen the field yet AND we will bring in a couple studs next year. We are going to continue to be an exciting offense in the future.
I don’t know well Billy ranks as a WR coach. I just know I wouldn’t want to lose him!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grimes will play in the NFL. Solid receiver and solid Gator.

He is a solid player. I wouldn't be surprised to see Grimes play in the NFL. I don't know if you misunderstood me. The only comment I made about the draft was about Franks. I'm skeptical that he'll get drafted. ...by an NFL team.

As for what I said about Grimes, I stand by it. I've seen him moping, I've seen him take his helmet off to celebrate on the field and cost us 15 yards. He is certainly contributing, but I disagree that he's looking like a 5-star playing up to his potential. Still and always, I hope for the best for Gator players and I want to see Grimes have it "click" and start dominating (like a 5 star) instead of "merely" contributing.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Did you ever play football? Serve in the military or do anything like that?

If youre leader is competent at all, then they disect everything you did every play and look for how to improve it. Every time.

I don't normally trouble myself with answering fantastically stupid questions, but this one was so spectacularly asinine that I will make an exception. Yes. I was a Sergeant in the U.S. Army and in my career in advertising, and later in civil service, I was both accountable to the supervision of others and also acted as a senior level supervisor in a professional capacity for a number of decades. I know that you don't actually care about anything that doesn't support some pissy little know-it-all narrative that captures your fancy at a given moment, but since you asked...

Your entire premise, originally the assertion of a different pompous ass with an ax to grind, presumes that XH has not been properly coached and that BG is hence an incompetent nincompoop due to the fact that he coaches a young player who committed a "freshman level" mistake. I just see that as a cosmically stupid conclusion to draw. I also see your attempt at insulting my intelligence with a silly, insulting remark as typical of the sort of attack that is routinely leveled on this board against those who believe their own "lying eyes" rather than go along every thing said by one of our self-appointed geniuses - who are, purportedly, the only ones able to comprehend just how much we truly suck.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
It’s astounding how quickly folks around here viciously turn against each other once the season has gone down the crapper and all hope of winning another game is lost.

Oh, wait...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I just remembered something while watching this Mick'd up version of the game. Did anybody catch what the penalty was they called on Grimes when Shorter caught that leaping TD? I couldn't understand what the ref said while watching the game.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
When your wrong it's usually because you didn't factor something in. Unlike Chump and Mac, Mullen isn't a stubborn, round hole, square peg coach. He'll work with what he's given.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I just remembered something while watching this Mick'd up version of the game. Did anybody catch what the penalty was they called on Grimes when Shorter caught that leaping TD? I couldn't understand what the ref said while watching the game.

TL;DR? He took his helmet off. :facepalm:

I mentioned it when I fixed Theo's post here.

***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Galloping Giraffes***

Here's what I changed his words to say. ;)

Grimes finally looked better, but he's still too "me first" in his attitude. He isn't aggressive enough with the ball and does foolish things like taking his helmet off after Shorter's first TD. He's a very seasoned player who cannot make those selfish, bone-headed plays. I'm glad to see he isn't just failing (and then moping afterward) like he was at the beginning of the year. Mullen deserves credit for steadily helping him mature. I hope Henderson continues to improve so he can fulfill his potential.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He is a solid player. I wouldn't be surprised to see Grimes play in the NFL. I don't know if you misunderstood me. The only comment I made about the draft was about Franks. I'm skeptical that he'll get drafted. ...by an NFL team.

As for what I said about Grimes, I stand by it. I've seen him moping, I've seen him take his helmet off to celebrate on the field and cost us 15 yards. He is certainly contributing, but I disagree that he's looking like a 5-star playing up to his potential. Still and always, I hope for the best for Gator players and I want to see Grimes have it "click" and start dominating (like a 5 star) instead of "merely" contributing.

I think I was Just stating he really is a solid contributor. If I had any issue it had to do with the part where you call him a “me first” guy then admit he got so excited for a teammates success that he ran from the opposite sideline and took off his helmet while celebrating. He may get down on himself after a drop but I think he is one of the most supportive teammates on the team.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think I was Just stating he really is a solid contributor. If I had any issue it had to do with the part where you call him a “me first” guy then admit he got so excited for a teammates success that he ran from the opposite sideline and took off his helmet while celebrating. He may get down on himself after a drop but I think he is one of the most supportive teammates on the team.

I hope you're right.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

I thought it was for taking his helmet off.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

He took his helmet off.

I don't think that was it. He was not on the field and ran beyond the player box. The ref pointed to the line upfield when he threw the flag.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I stand behind my nickname for him - "2 drops a game Grimes"

prove me wrong

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
We graduated 4 receivers to the NFL. Now we are working on another group of receivers. More will go to the NFL. Meanwhile.....they are torching SEC defenses weekly. Talent? Coaching? Both?

We still have a couple of talented youngins that haven’t even seen the field yet AND we will bring in a couple studs next year. We are going to continue to be an exciting offense in the future.
I don’t know well Billy ranks as a WR coach. I just know I wouldn’t want to lose him!
At this point it’s pretty obvious that Cousin Eddie and Billy G had a threesome with ltraz’s woman(or man, not judging) and sent him video proof.

There’s no other explanation for the continued hatred of these two coaches in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator