***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Galloping Giraffes***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I stand behind my nickname for him - "2 drops a game Grimes"
sometimes performing well is contagious. These guys seem to have stepped it up a little bit with Pitts leading the way and showing them how it's done. They're having to work a little bit to earn a touch.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While I was watching the game again yesterday, I noticed we have two #8s dressed. Could the penalty have been on the other guy (whose number I didnt write down and therefore can no longer remember).

It was on Grimes not Chris Bogle
Grimes ran into the end zone from the sideline which is a personal foul

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I like how Mullen for the most part let the RBs stay in for an entire drive. Peirce got the most drives, followed by Davis and then Wright. That trio is really good. Peirce is the best. I know there is shade thrown at the coaching/recruiting for this position group but we have a great stable who are performing. Add Bowman to that list and how do you honestly complain at this point?

Copeland needs less playing time. His blocking on WR screen is horrible. He drops the ball a lot. Zipperer, Shorter, Henderson and Whitmore are better. Shorter looks like a match up nightmare in the same way that Pitts does. Get Copeland off the field and let these younger guys get out there. They deserve it.

Our DL is getting better. No depth. If we had some solid LBs this would be a good defense. Not great. Just good.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think that was it. He was not on the field and ran beyond the player box. The ref pointed to the line upfield when he threw the flag.

If true, then I stand corrected.

It still would be a bone-headed mistake, but it would be less me-first.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Rumor has it Franks woke up this morning with a horrible case of the dribbling sh!ts.

giphy.gif

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Read it somewhere, but the best recap I've seen (cover and Capt's observations notwithstanding) went like this:

Person 1: "That was Franks 3rd best performance in the Swamp, and his best, in Gainesville, versus an SEC opponent."

Person 2: "cold"

Person 1: "Cold would be pointing out that those numbers would be Trask's third worst as a starter in the Swamp."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At this point it’s pretty obvious that Cousin Eddie and Billy G had a threesome with ltraz’s woman(or man, not judging) and sent him video proof.

There’s no other explanation for the continued hatred of these two coaches in particular.
There is another explanation. Itraz used to be apart of the training staff or something like that. During the meyer years,there was rumors of a staffer getting t- bagged by none other than Dan Mullen and Billy Gonzales. Coincidence? I think not!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Jones rushing TD deserves comment. That LB caught him squarely, head on. When he didn't wrap up, Emory bounced off and put the ball in the end zone. Nice effort.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jones rushing TD deserves comment. That LB caught him squarely, head on. When he didn't wrap up, Emory bounced off and put the ball in the end zone. Nice effort.
nice effort.

I don't want my quarterbacks getting hit by linebackers though, especially on purpose because we call to play that basically requires it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb