***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Nerdbillies***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox has it at 34.5. Seriously
Shockingly, the people on this board tend to be biased towards the Gators, and pick them to cover as a reflex, or even as some sort of duty. Hence, I always make it more difficult for them by jacking up that number a bit.

Even jacking it up, we're at 79% picking them to cover 34.5. Whoo boy.

Big Wave

Nov 26, 2017
We lost at home to Vandy in 2013, as all well remember. My youngest son was a senior in high school and was being "recruited" by Muschamp to walk on. He made his official visit the day of that Vandy game. We sat down in the south end zone on those metal bleachers for recruits. It was glaring how bad we were. Vandy was a far superior football team and they knew it. They weren't the least bit excited about winning in the swamp. It was like they were playing Chattanooga. It was sad.

Muschamp pulled my son aside before the game and said he had big plans for him and wanted to bring him in the locker room after the game. We were supposed to meet him in the weight room. We waited for a while. He sent that crazy strength coach out, I forget his name, to tell my son the meeting would not take place. Sad day all around.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp pulled my son aside before the game and said he had big plans for him and wanted to bring him in the locker room after the game. We were supposed to meet him in the weight room. We waited for a while. He sent that crazy strength coach out, I forget his name, to tell my son the meeting would not take place.
Classy, although I'm surprised the Chimp sent out anyone to talk to you at all.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Shockingly, the people on this board tend to be biased towards the Gators, and pick them to cover as a reflex, or even as some sort of duty. Hence, I always make it more difficult for them by jacking up that number a bit.

I just checked; the actual spread is 31.5. How high do you think you’d have to go to get 79% picking Vandy to cover? It is interesting the effect of bias.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

ea2fb775-7e84-474b-839d-f9e27ecb7a17_text.gif

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017

Then what you're doing is bullshyt as far as picking teams against the spread goes and you are injecting your bias rather than the Vegas odds. You're supposed to let the bettors bias screw up their picks not try to correct them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Then what you're doing is bullshyt as far as picking teams against the spread goes and you are injecting your bias rather than the Vegas odds. You're supposed to let the bettors bias screw up their picks not try to correct them.

I’ve been telling him that for months. Frankly I’m not sure the pressures of running a message board haven’t cracked him. There’s a pattern here, and it’s ugly.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
We lost at home to Vandy in 2013, as all well remember. My youngest son was a senior in high school and was being "recruited" by Muschamp to walk on. He made his official visit the day of that Vandy game. We sat down in the south end zone on those metal bleachers for recruits. It was glaring how bad we were. Vandy was a far superior football team and they knew it. They weren't the least bit excited about winning in the swamp. It was like they were playing Chattanooga. It was sad.

Muschamp pulled my son aside before the game and said he had big plans for him and wanted to bring him in the locker room after the game. We were supposed to meet him in the weight room. We waited for a while. He sent that crazy strength coach out, I forget his name, to tell my son the meeting would not take place. Sad day all around.
Maybe it will make you and your son feel better to know that on the appointed day Muschamp showed up to meet Spurrier to discuss signing as a player for the Gators, Spurrier decided to go play golf instead.

VAGator

Founding Member
Distibutor of Wholesome Goodness
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
5 TDs is a hell of a cover over any team. Our defense is part crap. I'm taking VU if I am forced to make a bet for real $$$
Holla;)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just checked; the actual spread is 31.5. How high do you think you’d have to go to get 79% picking Vandy to cover? It is interesting the effect of bias.
Just to get it to 50/50, I'd probably have to put it at -44.5 or so. For 79% to take Vandy? -54.5. And yes, even there 20+% would take the Gators, even with their own money on the line.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If this is a serious post, then you need to seek professional help. I made it very clear up front that they were my spreads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator