***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs. Vols***

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n285327 said:

Treon would be a steadying presence if things start going bad in the game. Do you think we are better off not having Treon available to come in if needed?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n285352 said:
Treon would be a steadying presence if things start going bad in the game. Do you think we are better off not having Treon available to come in if needed?

OfYGY.gif

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One benefit of Treon not being avail is that Will is probably getting all the 1st team reps in practice vs. having to split them. It's a good time for that also.

The more I think about this game the more worried I am getting.. I need some reasons why we win other than Butch Jones is their coach. I watched a replay of the UK game (condenced to 15 min on YouTube) and my god our OL is bad.

I think that is possibly the key reason we lose this game.

****... somebody has to talk my ass off the ledge.. .I'm losing my mind.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
ATXGator;n285423 said:
he more I think about this game the more worried I am getting.. I need some reasons why we win other than Butch Jones is their coach.

Will Muschamp isn't our coach?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Injuries:

[h=3]FLORIDA GATORS[/h] Major Injuries: None
Others injuries to monitor: DB Kylan Johnson (leg), WR Raphael Andrades (leg), LB Alex Anzalone (shoulder), LB Jeremi Powell (leg), TE C’yontai Lewis (hand)

[h=3]TENNESSEE[/h] Major Injuries: LB Curt Maggitt (hip), G Marcus Jackson (biceps), G Austin Sanders (biceps), NB Rashaan Gaulden (foot), WR Vincent Perry (knee)
Other injuries to monitor: WR Jason Croom (knee), RB Ralph David Abernathy IV (ankle), S Max Arnold (knee), WR Pig Howard (ankle), OL Jashon Robertson, CB Darrell Miller

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n285323 said:
We may end up really regretting not having Treon available to play in this game.
:facepalm:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n285352 said:
There is zero guarantee that Treon would be a steading presence. It's not as if he's Mr Perfect and never turns the ball over for one, secondly, Grier now doesn't have to look over his shoulder that he might get yanked, and in doing so, tries to make an all world play only to throw it in the dirt or worse, turn it over.

With not having Treon available, I expect Grier to play looser, and probably not scramble so quickly either.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n285446 said:
There is zero guarantee that Treon would be a steading presence. It's not as if he's Mr Perfect and never turns the ball over for one, secondly, Grier now doesn't have to look over his shoulder that he might get yanked, and in doing so, tries to make an all world play only to throw it in the dirt or worse, turn it over.

With not having Treon available, I expect Grier to play looser, and probably not scramble so quickly either.

Guess I am not sold on Grier having a real good game after watching the last 2 games. If he does play well and can stay relatively injury free then the Treon issue may not be a big one in coming weeks.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n285466 said:
Guess I am not sold on Grier having a real good game after watching the last 2 games. If he does play well and can stay relatively injury free then the Treon issue may not be a big one in coming weeks.
Now, I'm not necessarily saying he's gonna go out there and be Tom Brady and start throwing for 400 yards or anything, but I think with less concern that he could be yanked at any time, he should play looser, and perhaps because of that, he can play a little smarter.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leaders don't jeopardize their future or the effort of those they purport to care about.... see Tebow, Wuerffel, Leak, etc. As the old saying goes, once is a mistake, twice is a habit. A selfish character to be sure and deserves the pine splinters.

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
GatorStud;n285523 said:
Leaders don't jeopardize their future or the effort of those they purport to care about.... see Tebow, Wuerffel, Leak, etc. As the old saying goes, once is a mistake, twice is a habit. A selfish character to be sure and deserves the pine splinters.

And three times makes for a rehab project.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We REALLY need to get our running game going so that opens up some long passing attempts. I think our guys are going to be ready but if our offense can't get anything going then our D is gonna get wore out from being on the field for too long. I think Coach Mac will have our guys ready and our offense with some tricky plays and playcalling. Go Gators!!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Jbossgator8;n285595 said:
We REALLY need to get our running game going so that opens up some long passing attempts. I think our guys are going to be ready but if our offense can't get anything going then our D is gonna get wore out from being on the field for too long. I think Coach Mac will have our guys ready and our offense with some tricky plays and playcalling. Go Gators!!
Need to run outside, pitch it to JS, KT and Cronk and watch them go. F the proving we can run it inside Chump style, even though we can't. More short passes to RB to get them in space. Need to get the ball to DRob frequently, maybe even on a reverse. Calloway needs to be involved receiving and hopefully break a big return. Keep working the middle with the TE's. I'm waiting to see the Hey Diddle Diddle, a man down the middle from that practice video on ESPN. And maybe biggest thing is for Will to keep his eyes downfield when he scrambles. 7 yard run with a hit at the end is nice, but 20 yard completion w/o getting hit (or a flag for 15 more) is better.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Vols going full retard on social media, trying to troll UF, talking mad trash. UT official Twitter account announcing an orange celebration in the swamp after the game. We really need to shut those clowns up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Inferiority likes to talk smack, we need to pound those genetic misfits... rag doll that QB, pancake that running game and pick pocket tosses.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Something tells me there will be no stampeding the field regardless of the outcome. I like our chances. Grier has a huge chance to stand out as a leader today. Hope he steps up.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need to see a complete game. D needs to start off strong right out of the gates. O needs to limit mistakes - no turnovers in the red zone. Swamp needs to be LOUD. GO GATORS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator