Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Las Vegas Bowl - UF vs Oregon State***

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A few thoughts….

Today Billy was running the ball as the clock was ticking away on the final drive against a defense we could not run against the entire game…with the scoring streak on the line. Tells me all I need to know of him being the O/C.
Through it all….I’m still all in. Let’s Go Gators.
Diddo.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I agree. He almost busted a streak that many coaches and players absolutely gave everything they had to maintain. Starting in 1988, when we were on probation. Think of all those games against top opponents like Alabama, LSU, Ga, Auburn, FSU, Miami, etc etc.

He got lucky.

Am I the only one that doesn't give 2 sh#ts about the streak? We get absolutely blown out but claim some moral victory because we managed a FG? All it did was make us look like pu$$ies kicking a FG when down 30 points. It's an oddity, not a measure of success.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one that doesn't give 2 sh#ts about the streak? We get absolutely blown out but claim some moral victory because we managed a FG? All it did was make us look like pu$$ies kicking a FG when down 30 points. It's an oddity, not a measure of success.
There have been teams that had their 1st team D in doing everything they could to keep us from scoring ... they DESPERATELY wanted that blank. And we denied them.

IMO, it wasn't about scoring in this game, this game was a total $hit show, it's about honoring those players and teams that refused to "back down" with a goose egg.

It's about not completely laying down.

Since 1988.

34 years.

Games against eventual SEC and National Champions. Auburn, UGa, Alabama, LSU, FSU,Miami etc.

That doesn't happen automatically.

Just my opinion.

Hell, even MUSCHAMP didn't screw that one up.

Last edited:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'd just like for one positive, long running streak or tradition not get ass-fuched by this incompetent staff. So, yea...I care about the scoring streak. And I care about the opening game winning streak....but with a coach and staff that has shown they have no understanding or concern about tradition or rivalries, I expect we will lose both very soon...possibly in our next game.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'd just like for one positive, long running streak or tradition not get ass-fuched by this incompetent staff. So, yea...I care about the scoring streak. And I care about the opening game winning streak....but with a coach and staff that has shown they have no understanding or concern about tradition or rivalries, I expect we will lose both very soon...possibly in our next game.
Crap... you're right about the opening game streak. Probably gone. But, that streak was mainly because we scheduled NE lower Montana State Agricultural college types.

Still would be nice to keep.it going.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
So, you think it makes sense to go for it on 4th and goal from the 23 with 42 seconds left down 30-0? Just to show we care? That we aren't pussies even after coaching like it for over 59 minutes.

Or even on the 4th and two (nice dive behind the new starter out of position - quality play call)? Billy tried it even though there was ZERO chance of winning at that point.

This coach and staff don't give two fuchs about the players that earned that streak before they got here, but at least managed not to fuch it up when it was obvious to kick the field goal...the second time.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I understand some care about it. I just don't see it as having any importance. Losing 27-0 vs 30-3 is still both equally getting your a$$ kicked.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So, you think it makes sense to go for it on 4th and goal from the 23 with 42 seconds left down 30-0? Just to show we care? That we aren't pussies even after coaching like it for over 59 minutes.

Or even on the 4th and two (nice dive behind the new starter out of position - quality play call)? Billy tried it even though there was ZERO chance of winning at that point.

This coach and staff don't give two fuchs about the players that earned that streak before they got here, but at least managed not to fuch it up when it was obvious to kick the field goal...the second time.
No, I don't think it makes any difference. The streak is not one that any program is envious over. Winning streaks, championships, etc matter. I understand why we kicked the FG and I suppose it's better to have the streak alive than over. But honestly, wins and loses matter, saying "yeah, we lose about half our games, but dammit, we don't get blanked" is a strange thing to take pride in to me.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
No, I don't think it makes any difference. The streak is not one that any program is envious over. Winning streaks, championships, etc matter. I understand why we kicked the FG and I suppose it's better to have the streak alive than over. But honestly, wins and loses matter, saying "yeah, we lose about half our games, but dammit, we don't get blanked" is a strange thing to take pride in to me.
Yes, but if we lose the streak, then we can't continue to take pride in that in the future...when SBB brings us a those championships!

But seriously, a lot of us took pride it it as an amazing run even back when we were winning championships before.

Grumbler

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
The streak is not one that any program is envious over.
Maybe not, but personally I think it's pretty cool because the last shutout was my freshman year. 200 games into the future no one's gonna care about how the streak was extended today.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Crap... you're right about the opening game streak. Probably gone. But, that streak was mainly because we scheduled NE lower Montana State Agricultural college types.

Still would be nice to keep.it going.
Didn’t Michigan beat our ass to open the season a few years back? That streaks been dead.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016

Because at this point, it's all we've effing got. The last goddamned thing we can take any sort of pride in. #SadButTrue

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion on the streak? The streak is nothing to work for. Not getting shut out in ‘a’ game is however something to work for. There is a difference.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t Michigan beat our ass to open the season a few years back? That streaks been dead.
You are correct -They kicked our butts 33-17

. I remember now.

We looked totally unprepared.

Repressed memory.

Fuch.

Back to therapy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.