Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Las Vegas Bowl - UF vs Oregon State***

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Our OL got dominated from the start. What “approach” overcomes that? First start ever for a QB that hasn’t played all year behind that OL. What “approach” makes that successful?
C’mon guys, at least ACT like you’ve got some common sense.
You are right. There is no possible solution a coach can come up with to overcome an 8-man front. That is why you ALWAYS see that in every game. It is simply unable to be solved. I know running right into the teeth of it and long developing route trees are a we have because our players are just incapable of a slant or a wheel route.

Guess we are doomed until we get better players that can understand and execute such complicated offensive strategies.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Our OL got dominated from the start. What “approach” overcomes that? First start ever for a QB that hasn’t played all year behind that OL. What “approach” makes that successful?
C’mon guys, at least ACT like you’ve got some common sense.

The "approach" that fixes that is to get him more fuchin snaps during the season. Don't play struggle ball against losers like Vandy and USF. Have your team prepared to play every weekend with a fundamentally sound scheme and good play calling. And don't hire a freakin water head for a DC and then never circle back around to see if he's chit the bed or not.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Next year will be a struggle session. We'll be lucky if the mix of young guns and transfers can pull off 7 wins. That will be the measuring stick. Can we beat last year's losing record. Mark my words, we won't be competing for anything until year 4 and that's only if things progress positively. Napier needs to stack blue chips to the ceiling for his simpleton play calling to work at all. So season 4 we will likely compete for the East division. That's it. Napier will get extended after "almost" making Atlanta. Honestly, I think we're fuched for the foreseeable future. Better get used to it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Next year will be a struggle session. We'll be lucky if the mix of young guns and transfers can pull off 7 wins. That will be the measuring stick. Can we beat last year's losing record. Mark my words, we won't be competing for anything until year 4 and that's only if things progress positively. Napier needs to stack blue chips to the ceiling for his simpleton play calling to work at all. So season 4 we will likely compete for the East division. That's it. Napier will get extended after "almost" making Atlanta. Honestly, I think we're fuched for the foreseeable future. Better get used to it.
Nah. We should at least have some seniors on the roster in ‘24. We’ll take our lumps again next year but need to see improvement as the year goes on with possibly our youngest roster ever.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see it quiet as darkly as you do. I think some coaching changes will happen, our young guys will be older and stronger, we will pick up many new players from the portal and all the remaining players and coaches will have a full season in the program behind them. You may think of this year as a total loss but I think many positive lessons have been learned...... or not!

The trip is what makes life worth living!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator