Founding Member
Pretty cool looking Gator cap
:puke:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Lingard may be starting RB. Won’t know until after summer of course.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Looks like Lingard may be starting RB. Won’t know until after summer of course.

I’ll admit, I want Bowman to be the starter, but having Lingard start or add stiff competition is fine by me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right CG, the greater Bowman produces the greater Lingard will have to be to bump him. All good for these Gators. It would be great to have a 1-2 punch like Ron Brown & Cadillac Williams were for Auburn a while back.?

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I have no problem with us running the ball with lots of attitude.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Dont want to rule out Wright yet.

My concern with Wright is that (as I recall) he seems to get a consistent 1-2 yds per rush with the just the occasional big play. I hope he proves me wrong , but I suspect Wright might get buried on the depth chart.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yeah, hes smaller, but man if he gets a seam that kid is deadly. Great hands out of the backfield too. Get him on a wheel route and he gone.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
My concern with Wright is that (as I recall) he seems to get a consistent 1-2 yds per rush with the just the occasional big play. I hope he proves me wrong , but I suspect Wright might get buried on the depth chart.

Im trying not holding anything from the past in memory going into this season, but 1-2 yards with the occasional big play can kinda be used to describe all our RBs from last season. We are putting a bigger emphasis on coaching up the OL and building the team around that as well as (hopefully) taking the bulk of the rushing off the shoulders of the QB.

Also, can't rule out Johnson either.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care who starts or gets the most PT as long as it's the best players at those respective positions. Apparently that was too much to ask for with the last staff.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Im trying not holding anything from the past in memory going into this season, but 1-2 yards with the occasional big play can kinda be used to describe all our RBs from last season. We are putting a bigger emphasis on coaching up the OL and building the team around that as well as (hopefully) taking the bulk of the rushing off the shoulders of the QB.

Also, can't rule out Johnson either.

Agree on it being a new day. All those that stuck around have shown they want to be here and feel they have something to prove under the new staff. I think we’ll see quite a few surprises.

On Johnson, my only concern with him is with the stacked RB room, if he gets the start or even a majority of the carries this year, it could give the impression of favoritism. Much different situation than Torrence. I know he stated as a Fr last year, but unless he’s just remarkably better than the others, I hope he’s willing to be patient.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I don't care who starts or gets the most PT as long as it's the best players at those respective positions. Apparently that was too much to ask for with the last staff.

Right? So many guys sat and watched lesser players fail while their abilities were ignored. **** Mullens and his whole organization. We are starting over now.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The clothes in the second pic are the retro-throwback look. It's a thing now. As for the hat, I've seen worse. Slant F anyone? Still, that G is definitely giving it a run for its money :lol:

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
There's no way RB Johnson transferred over to sit. He will play. A lot. So what's the 3 man rotation at RB? Who's the 4th back that gets left out? Seems like it's between Bowman and Wright. I'm with a lot of people here that wanted Bowman to be the man. But Wright has played a lot more real snaps already. Would Bowman transfer again? I find it really difficult to see Johnson after 1k yard season at UL coming over to be the 4th back.
I think it's...
Lingard RB1a
Johnson RB 1b
Wright RB 2
Bowman

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Montrell Johnson is going to get snaps simply because of his running style which is completely different from Bowman and Lingard. According to the staff, he runs "like a mack truck." Right now, based on reporting, it is...

1. Lingard
2. Johnson
3. Bowman
4. Wright

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.