***Official Game thread*** Spurrier Fun and Gunners vs trailerBammer

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never needed to. This is no different than riding a bicycle. You either do or you don't. You react on the fly. Isn't that how the best games are called?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I love old Spurrier as much now as I did when I was a snot-nosed kid watching him do his thing on Florida Field. Things have a way of getting a little blurred over the decades, but I remember how excited my Grandad was about this Spurrier kid from Tennessee. We listened to the season opener vs SMU in '64 and I seem to recall that Steve came in in the second half and broke open a close game with a long TD pass to Jack Harper. Grandad predicted that Steve would go on to do great things - little did he know just how right he was.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You react on the fly. Isn't that how the best games are called?
Yes, and SOS has a gift. But it is also about matchups. Understanding which can and cannot do certain things requires film study and lots of it.

SOS excels at "feel" and being super aggressive. Mullinz is good at finding matchups he likes.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just watched Spurrier's presser. The deeper we get into the Apollo season the more pissed I get.. Machen and Foooly, Laurel and Hardy, with a favorite son genius available tell him to go pack sand.

Sure, by now Spurrier would be retired or talking about it. So, maybe we get no NC's, maybe we get one or two, but regardless we would have been saved years of wandering around in the wilderness, had a hell of an offense, a bunch of laughs, and when spur hung it up coaches would have been begging to come to a top five football program..

Idiots.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Yes, and SOS has a gift. But it is also about matchups. Understanding which can and cannot do certain things requires film study and lots of it.

SOS excels at "feel" and being super aggressive. Mullinz is good at finding matchups he likes.

A true genius vs a talented technician; unfortunately, the pair of momos we've had on the sideline since Urban left make a talented technician look like a pigskin Einstein. It seems I've learned to appreciate simple competence as of late. O how the mighty are fallen.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I just watched Spurrier's presser. The deeper we get into the Apollo season the more pissed I get.. Machen and Foooly, Laurel and Hardy, with a favorite son genius available tell him to go pack sand.

Sure, by now Spurrier would be retired or talking about it. So, maybe we get no NC's, maybe we get one or two, but regardless we would have been saved years of wandering around in the wilderness, had a hell of an offense, a bunch of laughs, and when spur hung it up coaches would have been begging to come to a top five football program..

Idiots.

A pox upon both their houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.