***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Alabama***

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah of course we want to destroy Bama but that is just not possible or realistic with Mullen and that is why he has to go

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I was watching my kids football game and missed the Gator game, but I got in the car for the Gator post-game report. Mick and Lee were talking about AR15's injury. The most surprising part to me was the stage of coaching support we are at in the UAA. Specifically, they were flat blaming Mullen's game management for the injury. Their point was that since the first half, AR15 was secheduled to be in earlier in the rotation. Instead, when EJ kept throwing picks, they kept EJ in longer. The result they kept harping on was AR running an 80 yard sprint after not playing for over an hour.

Besides being pissed to hear about the injury first thing of hearing the game recap, I found it stunning how openly they were suggesting this was mismanaged by not getting AR in earlier and more often.

We are not alone in our dissatisfaction on this issue. The boosters and the UAA are on it too.

I know the main point is the spreading disapproval of Mullen, but blaming AR's injury on Mullen rotation QBs is a bit of a stretch. Its football...its a game of 5-10 second intense bursts and then recover. Its easy to start blaming everything and anything on Mullen because his program is lacking and frustrating. Besides, if we are going to blame the lull between AR getting on the field it would be more accurate to blame Grantham and his shytty arse defense scheme that lets teams like FAU and USF keep the ball so dang long.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I know the main point is the spreading disapproval of Mullen, but blaming AR's injury on Mullen rotation QBs is a bit of a stretch. Its football...its a game of 5-10 second intense bursts and then recover. Its easy to start blaming everything and anything on Mullen because his program is lacking and frustrating. Besides, if we are going to blame the lull between AR getting on the field it would be more accurate to blame Grantham and his shytty arse defense scheme that lets teams like FAU and USF keep the ball so dang long.

Actually, no on TG. We went 4 straight possessions of Jones(5 if you include the last of the first half), trying to insist that he was the guy. The defense played fine and only gave up the one TD because Jones gave them the ball inside the 15. While I generally agree that once something starts rolling it gets out of hand with the nitpicking, in this case, it makes sense. If a guy is dealing with a tight hamstring you don't give him an hour and a half between series. That's dumb. Let him play while it's loose or let him sit.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All this time and I had no idea that neteng was Megan Mullen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its year 4 in the Mullen era and that is all we have...hope. Frustrating. And it ain't just hope against Bama...its hope against UGA, LSU and it hurts to type this...Kentucky, Mizzou...who did I miss?
Ole Dan is doin work.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Actually, no on TG. We went 4 straight possessions of Jones(5 if you include the last of the first half), trying to insist that he was the guy. The defense played fine and only gave up the one TD because Jones gave them the ball inside the 15. While I generally agree that once something starts rolling it gets out of hand with the nitpicking, in this case, it makes sense. If a guy is dealing with a tight hamstring you don't give him an hour and a half between series. That's dumb. Let him play while it's loose or let him sit.

But AR would have had to run as hard if Grantham doesn't rest the opposing defense as much as he does.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listening to the Gator Nation Football Podcast. His video on USF isn’t posted yet. He was breaking down EJ and his play. Here are a few thoughts.

1. In his time at UF, Emory has yet to throw an int where the defense just ran a good play. That, it is understandable how they confused him. Every int is “elementary.” He stated the sophomore QBs he coaches know these concepts. They are that basic to the position.

2. There are two types of confused QBs. The first is the QB who will not throw the ball unless the receiver gets open. This guy takes a sack no matter what. The second is Emory Jones. This QB absolutely refuses to take a sack. This QB sprays and prays. He throws the ball in a confused panic. This is how you get pick sixes.

3. Why isn’t AR starting? His guess is it is because EJ is miles ahead of AR when it comes to running the offense. EJ can change the call at the line of scrimmage. AR can’t. That being said, when the ball is snapped AR was doing things as a passer as a true freshman without a spring that EJ still can’t do. AR should be starting.

4. After watching the Fau tape, Usf respected EJ so little they basically sold out to stop the run. If they have no respect for him, what do you think bama is going to do? The defense’s gameplan is very revealing as to how bad EJ is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4. After watching the Fau tape, Usf respected EJ so little they basically sold out to stop the run. If they have no respect for him, what do you think bama is going to do?
No, this is a Dan Mullin thing. They did it to Tebow too. And every DM.QB except Trash. When you know 90% of the passes are going to be 4 yards max, you should always take that bet.

Did you not hear Dan Mullin saying AR should have taken the dump off passes instead of throwing TDs? And that is why he isnt playing.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Damn the spread is 15.5 right now, and the Moneyline on Bama is -800. The worst part of this is if I were to bet I'd take Bama, I think we will be down by that much at the half. In my head I just keep saying at least we're not fsu.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

All this time and I had no idea that neteng was Megan Mullen.

I've had my suspicions.

My bad. I forgot @soflagator is the only one here allowed to use a ridiculous amount of words tell a long sarcastic story with a punchline at the end.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If we're down 14-0 quickly, which I expect, it's going to be a runaway train, probably down at least 28 by halftime. Florida HAS to try and prevent a quick TD by Bama to start the game.

Betting Alabama 1st half last year went 11-2. They're 1-0 this year (only smaller books had a line for Mercer, and no 1st half lines that I saw). So this may be another easy money play.....smh

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If we're down 14-0 quickly, which I expect, it's going to be a runaway train, probably down at least 28 by halftime. Florida HAS to try and prevent a quick TD by Bama to start the game.
Then we had better hope they have the ball first... Them burning us over the top for a TD on the first play will likely take longer than EJ throwing a pick six on opening drive. ;)

van Go(gh) Gator(s)

Banned
BANNED
Jun 3, 2021
Agree with the above comments: Grantham gonna Grantham.

We couldn’t win the track meet last year with an unbelievable passing game and we sure as hell ain’t keeping pace this year. The DBs and LBs are gonna get smoked and the offense will repeatedly set Bama up with a short field.

We lost to them by 6 last year in a shootout. They aren't the same team either. As long as we field a team, we have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb